Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Very Important] Is it legal to post data from China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rik130 View Post
    All planes in China now show radar as F-T6M which is not coming from mode-s receivers as the errors in the flight registration data are obvious.
    What do you mean by "flight registration data"?

Route, aircraft type, aircraft registration?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
      What do you mean by "flight registration data"?

Route, aircraft type, aircraft registration?
      Planes showing no hex code but have the registration populated so presumably coming from a third party.

Comment

What is the source of F-T6M ?

Comment

It's full of estimations with no track logs, planes are jumping about all over the country, so clearly no FR mode-s receivers are connected. Where is all the MLAT stuff and all the old rattler 737/757/767 cargo conversions that don't have full ADS-B ?

Comment

Planes showing no hex code but have the registration populated so presumably coming from a third party.
            Thanks. All the ones I looked at have registration and hex code.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

The Chinese military planes will not have ADS-B, so that's not a "security" issue. But having MLAT pinpointing to their missions is what they don't like.
              Sites like FR24 and FA filter the required planes, but people started to feed to sites that do MLAT and don't filter any of the required flights (like adsbexchange.com). I have signaled this a long time ago, that can be against national security (not only in China, but many other countries), but nobody took it seriously.
              Now I think we see just the beginning of shutting down, just because people are careless. FR24 and FA will probably have to cut a deal with China's government and close the 30005 ports on their devices sent in China and provide MLAT only on "approved" flights (not flying under China's flag).

When government comes knocking at your door, it's not funny at all; entitled westerners that grew up in freedom, cannot understand that (and some even they vote for communists, because they don't know what it means).
              Last edited by SoNic67; 2018-11-23, 20:32.

Comment

Originally posted by SoNic67 View Post
                FR24 and FA will probably have to cut a deal with China's government
                Is there a ROFL smiley on these forums?

Comment

I don't watch China much but decided to have a look at this out of curiosity. I can't find any plane over China that does not show a hex code but whether they are correct for particular aircraft might be another issue as I can't decode them. The radar code F-T6M would nearly have to be inserted by FR24 unless the site has been hacked. I also can't see any non-Chinese aircraft over China but interestingly the disputed territories of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan have normal operations with foreign airlines and FR24 feeders showing up in all three.

Comment

Ya, I think you are right about F-T6M , I guess FR24 was try to protect local ground station who still didn't noticed the situation , but that's not enough cuz all data through network and it's totally under surveillance in China , if they want find someone they can easily track you down when necessary .
                    T-ZSSS32 F-ZSSS1 force shutdown by local regulation

Comment

FR24 have tried to make the data feeders anonymous by using one code, but as 'iamnothere' says it would be easy to check the data.

SoNic67 up until this week FR24 didn't filter the data, that's why there is now this situation with the site.

Full ModeS appears to be working as normal, but with obvious gaps in reception, the MLAT black hole is still working too. Obvious aircraft in the DB have been blocked, the non obvious ones are still appearing.

Comment

Originally posted by iamnothere View Post
                        Ya, I think you are right about F-T6M , I guess FR24 was try to protect local ground station who still didn't noticed the situation , but that's not enough cuz all data through network and it's totally under surveillance in China , if they want find someone they can easily track you down when necessary .
                        Can you not just tunnel your traffic through a VPN? They wouldn't know what the traffic was then because it's encrypted.

Comment

Well , China Great Fire Wall know how to identify VPN , they can block all VPN traffic easily .

They don't care decrypt what message carry they simply block em all .

I'm not sure maybe I talk too much , I'm kinda famous in this area I guess , a post mail from U.S. send to my home address , name is correct but somehow the address is complete wrong , but the mail send to my mailbox no problem ...
                          Last edited by iamnothere; 2018-11-24, 13:30.
                          T-ZSSS32 F-ZSSS1 force shutdown by local regulation

Comment

Can you not just tunnel your traffic through a VPN? They wouldn't know what the traffic was then because it's encrypted.
                            Sure you can. And get investigated later for possibly being a spy and communicating information in secret to foreign entities.
                            Don't assume that, just because visitors and foreign companies in China can use VPN's, it's safe for their citizens to use one.
                            Here you will find answers to common questions about using a VPN in China in 2020. Real answers from a real VPN user in China.

People that didn't experience a truly oppressive system say the cutest things.

Originally posted by iamnothere View Post
                            I'm not sure maybe I talk too much , I'm kinda famous in this area I guess , a post mail from U.S. send to my home address , name is correct but somehow the address is complete wrong , but the mail send to my mailbox no problem ...
                            And probably the letter arrived opened? Been there, a few decades back... Good luck!
                            Last edited by SoNic67; 2018-11-28, 11:14.

Comment

FR24 you are still allowing MLAT over Chinese territory you might want to shut the "black hole" down for your own sakes and those supplying your data, especially as military aircraft were in it today

Comment

We hope to find a solution with the Chinese authorities that will be satisfying for all parties.

Comment

Working...
                                X