Wifi for F24 receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wifi for F24 receiver

My receiver is in an outbuilding and I would like to connect to the router using Wifi instead of ethernet.
    I have a good wifi signal and have an ethernet to wifi adapter which works fine if I connect a laptop to it
    but fails to work with the F24 receiver. I can see occasional (1 to 5 sec intervals) the LAN light on adapter flash indicating it is receiving a signal from receiver but the receiver
    never appears on the network.

Has anyone successfully connected the F24 receiver to wifi and if so can you give me any advice.

At the moment wireless connection is not possible
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by donniev View Post
      My receiver is in an outbuilding and I would like to connect to the router using Wifi instead of ethernet.
      I have a good wifi signal and have an ethernet to wifi adapter which works fine if I connect a laptop to it
      but fails to work with the F24 receiver. I can see occasional (1 to 5 sec intervals) the LAN light on adapter flash indicating it is receiving a signal from receiver but the receiver
      never appears on the network.

Has anyone successfully connected the F24 receiver to wifi and if so can you give me any advice.
      The only way to do this would be to set up and configure a wireless access point in the outbuilding, then plug the box into that, it would then work as a standard wired connection with the wireless part handled by the access point, or if the outbuilding shares a common mains supply you may be able to use a pair of powerline adapters to get Ethernet over the mains wiring.
      FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
        The only way to do this would be to set up and configure a wireless access point in the outbuilding,
        An access point is of no use to him, he needs a wireless-to-wired bridge device that can act as a client, attaching to his existing Wifi AP.

These are sometimes called "Gaming Adapters" as they are used to connect PS and xbox games that lack Wifi to a wireless network.

/M
        F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
        T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
        P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
        mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Working...
        X