DELHI : New Flightradar24 ADS-B Receivers Activated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DELHI : New Flightradar24 ADS-B Receivers Activated

Yes, i have read coverage related FAQs but i am unable to understand few things.

For example; in recent blogpost of October 3, 2016, like always it was good to know about the "New Flightradar24 ADS-B Receivers Activated" .
    In the picture 2 new receivers have been marked near Delhi .
    If that's the thing than how come there is no ground coverage in Delhi.
    I have reported it several times in Twitter also and i have given one answer in the form of FAQs.

The interesting thing is that ground coverage in Delhi is like in On-Off situation.
    A month and a half back it was working perfectly. It worked for almost a month. Before that it wasn't coming and before couple of months back it was working.

AFAIK those receivers have very far coverage yet still the Delhi airport which is one of the largest airport in Asia have the coverage that comes and goes.

Now 2 new receivers have been installed so i thought they might work but it doesn't look like that.

Do you have any communication mechanism with the people who posses those receivers ?

I am hoping some permanent resolution.

Hi.
    Only permanent solution is for you to host or build ADS-B receiver with (LOS) line of sight, on Delhi airport and keep it running 24/7.
    FR24 is sending e-mails to hosts if receiver goes down. But.....

e.g. one of my receivers, placed on remote location was down for cca. 2 months. Reason: no internet connection. I couldn't do anything about it but wait for ISP to set connection.

Furthermore, my fourth receiver is only 10nm from nearby airport but there is no LOS below 2500ft to that same airport, so...no GND coverage.

Regards
    Last edited by Amper; 2016-10-10, 21:28.
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Working...
    X