Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this plane in CNX (from DMK)? Flightradar has no data on it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this plane in CNX (from DMK)? Flightradar has no data on it.

I live in Northern Thailand in the takeoff flight path of CNX. Recently I've been hearing what sounds like a large widebody jet in the takeoff path from CNX. Checking Flightradar there is very little data, no details on the plane at all, and no flight route. What I could find while it was in the air is that it was from DMK (second Bangkok airport for budget and budget/international flights and the old airport for many years) and that Flightradar appeared to show the plane (on the day I caught in air) doing a touch and go, turning back and going to DMK again (about a 1 hour flight).

Today I got a good look at it, and video. It appears to be a 747-400 in old Thai Air livery (quad jet with winglets). When it took off today Flightradar only showed WDH40 and no other data in the left side detail box. The flight did not appear to be doing a touch and go today.

I am very curious why Thai is flying this large plane on this route and why Flightradar would have no data on it. No inflight data and no reference to it ever being on the ground today in the CNX airport history. Is there a way to track it? I looked up the WDH40 (I am pretty sure I got that correct) and found no references in Google to a plane or anything aviation-related. The flight took off from CNX at 3:00pm exactly and flew over my home at 3:01pm (Thai time) today (06OCT16).

I am hoping that someone knows how to track this which will quench my curiosity.

Some years ago Thai flew 747-400's on this route several times per day. This stopped about 1.5 years ago when Thai replaced them with 777-2 and 777-3 and 330's.
    Attached Files

Did FR24 show the Mode-S Code?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I Don't Think So

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
      Did FR24 show the Mode-S Code?
      I don't think it was shown. Just the code from my original post.

Comment

Reading his two other posts, q_bgi_spotter may be a spammer with no interest in the code.

I reported his posts yesterday.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Caught It!

Originally posted by davevi View Post
          I live in Northern Thailand in the takeoff flight path of CNX. Recently I've been hearing what sounds like a large widebody jet in the takeoff path from CNX. Checking Flightradar there is very little data, no details on the plane at all, and no flight route. What I could find while it was in the air is that it was from DMK (second Bangkok airport for budget and budget/international flights and the old airport for many years) and that Flightradar appeared to show the plane (on the day I caught in air) doing a touch and go, turning back and going to DMK again (about a 1 hour flight).

Today I got a good look at it, and video. It appears to be a 747-400 in old Thai Air livery (quad jet with winglets). When it took off today Flightradar only showed WDH40 and no other data in the left side detail box. The flight did not appear to be doing a touch and go today.

I am very curious why Thai is flying this large plane on this route and why Flightradar would have no data on it. No inflight data and no reference to it ever being on the ground today in the CNX airport history. Is there a way to track it? I looked up the WDH40 (I am pretty sure I got that correct) and found no references in Google to a plane or anything aviation-related. The flight took off from CNX at 3:00pm exactly and flew over my home at 3:01pm (Thai time) today (06OCT16).

I am hoping that someone knows how to track this which will quench my curiosity.

Some years ago Thai flew 747-400's on this route several times per day. This stopped about 1.5 years ago when Thai replaced them with 777-2 and 777-3 and 330's.

Today (11OCT16) I was able to catch the plane on FlightRadar and screen capture it. As you can see this large plane (I still think it's a 747-400) appears to do a touch-and-go landing at CNX enroute again to DMK (in Bangkok). I have never seen a plane with this track at CNX -- except for one or two missed landings where a go-around was done on a commercial flight -- but it always came back and actually landed the second approach -- this plane turns around and goes back to its source.

Here is the very interesting pattern (and CODES!) I caught today when I heard the plane near my home.
          Attached Files

Comment

Got it!

Using the Mode-S code (thank you to the previous reply that clued me in that this is an important number) I located online information that this previously mystery plane is an Airbus A340-500 -- now registered to the Thai Royal Air Force!

Interestingly this plane was purchased by Thai Air and previously used on what was then the second longest non-stop flights in the world (LAX-BKK or JFK-BKK).

Thai Air tried to sell these planes but could not find a buyer. I wondered what they were doing with them. Now I know. It appears that the plane was transferred to the Thai Air Force and is being used for other things, like this touch-and-go behavior exercise of some sort.

Amazing Thailand. To have a A340 quad-jet to use for practice...

ScreenShot002.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
              Reading his two other posts, q_bgi_spotter may be a spammer with no interest in the code.

I reported his posts yesterday.
              Solved

Tnx
              For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
                Solved

Tnx
                I posted in spammers ways thread, he was post boosting to get to 5 and then post a link to his youtube channel.
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                X