Thread: Power Accu for RaPi and FR24

Passenger

Power Accu for RaPi and FR24

I have a question about UPS and power accu for Raspberry Pi (3):

Although I live in Switzerland with a very good source of electricity, the power supply for my RaPi is interrupted sometimes due to experiments of my son ( ….. no comments…..). It seems that RaPi restart as soon as the power is back but to FR24 feeder software doesn't until I plug off and in again the micro USB manually.

I think a USP could resolve this. For RaPi joy-it (strompi 2) offers a hardware solution but maybe a power accu could also be a solution? To secure the 5 volts output I work with a high quality short USB cable and a VARTA 16'000 mAh power accu:

IMG_20160928_214702.jpg

Problem: The LED (RED and YELLOW) starts blinking but after a while the LEDs start blinking GREEN and turn on and off and the RED LED turns off. I am wondering that RaPi still works but no data are uploaded anymore to FR24. The ADS-B USB stick form Flightradar is very power consuming (about 550 mAh) but the power accou should deliver enough power and also the needed 5 volts.

What is your view and how can I resolve the challenge of having interrupted power? Thanks in advance for your support.

Hi

are you sure that powerbank is designed to be charged and to give 5V 2A at the same time?
    For official support use Contact Form

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Amper View Post
    Hi

are you sure that powerbank is designed to be charged and to give 5V 2A at the same time?
    Surely not. I mean the infomercial shows you starring cars with 400A alternators after all

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Congratulations and respect to this neat professional installation!