Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Automated Installation of Dump1090-Mutability, Data Feeders, and Performance Graphs

@Oblivian
    You are right.

Actually the pre-installed dump1090-mutability in Pi24 image is good and necessary, because Pi24 image is intended as "Plug-n-Play". No other decoder needed, and no other decoder should be installed.

However there is no need of "Plug-n-Play" for a user who wants to individually install all components (i.e. the Raspbian OS, dump1090, fr24feed, and any other data feeder). The fr24feed package install (by bash script) on an existing OS should NOT include a dump1090-mutability installation script. Instead two separate bash scripts should be presented to user:

Script #1 : For fr24feed only (no option "receiver=dvbt", and no script included for installing dump1090).

Script #2 : For installation of dump1090-mutability v1.14, with remark "This script will install dump1090-mutability ver 1.14. Use this script ONLY if you do not already have, or do not want to install, any other version of dump1090".
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-14 at 22:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    If i understand it right i should do that again "Script #1 : For fr24feed only (no option "receiver=dvbt", and no script included for installing dump1090)."?
    No, you misunderstood. That is a proposal for FlightRadar24 Software Developers, NOT for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    It comes from FR24Feeder:
    dump1090-mutability:
    Installiert: 1.14
    It is all messed up because during configuration of fr24feed, you chose "Receiver : DVBT". If you choose this option, FR24Feeder removes dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev and installs ver 1.14. When this happens, the graphs (Web Portal) and map pages installed by automated install script of this thread fail to work.

Best and cleanest solution is a fresh install. Burn your microSD card with Raspbian Stretch image, then run the automated install script as shown in FIRST POST of this thread and choose its option install dump1090-mutability and FR24 data feeder. If you want, you can also install Web Portal and other data feeders. Make sure that when you configure fr24feed, NEVER Select "RECEIVER: DVBT" . All the mess is created by choosing "Receiver : DVBT".

Choose following:
    Receiver: ModeSBeast (TCP)
    Host/IP: 127.0.0.1:30005

NOTE
    If you are not interested in installing dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev and/or Web Portal (Performance Graphs), then there is no need to use th automated method of this thread.

Sipmly burn your microSD card with Raspbian Stretch, then run the bash script given below for installing FR24FEEDER, and during configuration, choose "Receiver: DVBT" and it will install dump1090-mutability ver 1.14. That is all, you dont have to do anything else.
    Code:
    sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-15 at 19:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Really does need to come with a big warning now it seems :/ 'Dont select DVBT unless it is the first and only ADSB program installed and you know what you are doing' :/
    I have now added following in the first post of this thread:

CAUTION :
    When configuring FR24 feeder, DO NOT select "Receiver: DVBT".

If you select "Receiver: DVBT", the FR24 feeder will replace dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev by v1.14. This will cause map and graphs to fail.

Set following option:
    (1) If configuring by SSH (Putty)
    Receiver = ModeS Beast (USB/Network)
    Connection Type = Network connection
    IP Address / Host: 127.0.0.1
    Port: 30005

(2) If configuring in browser at http ://<ip-of-pi>:8754/settings.html
    Receiver: ModeS Beast (TCP)
    Host/IP: 127.0.0.1:30005
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-16 at 22:43.

@maverick464

If all above fails, run the script again
    Code:
    cd adsb-receiver
    ./install.sh

If this aslo fails, remove files/folders of Web Portal and reinstall Web Portal (choose installation of Web Portal only)
    Code:
    sudo rm -rf /var/www/html  

sudo mkdir /var/www/html  

sudo rm -rf adsb-receiver  

git clone https://github.com/jprochazka/adsb-receiver.git  

cd adsb-receiver  

sudo chmod +x install.sh  

./install.sh
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-30 at 18:34.

Passenger
    These were what I saw after trying the steps suggested from abcd567.
    Searching on internet I found this command line:
    Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability restart
    and now it appears to be working everything from map to fr24feed. On FR24 stats website I'm online again.
    First of all I'd like to thank abcd567 for the time spent. Now I'll keep it monitored to see if it fails again all of the sudden with no reasons as it did on previous days/weeks.

Passenger
    For what I understood reading all posts and abcd567 recommendation, it should be v1.15 because v1.14 IS the version having problems with map and graphs.
    In fact I selected ModeS Beast instead of DVBT in order to have v1.15.

Ten mins later update leaving as it was after my previous post:
    Same problem. No aircraft on map, offline status on FR24 stats webpage and on IP:8754 Aircraft Tracked 0 (yellow)

Restarted dump1090 with code:
    Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability restart
    And everything is working fine again, so it appears to be dump1090 the problem of everything. Let's see how it lasts now
    Last edited by maverick464; 2018-05-31 at 09:15. Reason: update

Passenger
    Oh !
    Well, my question now is:
    I installed it with 1.14.
    Feeding FR24 is working fine, /dump1090/gmap.html working properly but no acess to graph (btw, what will be the correct adress to put in in browser window?)

Thank you for your help.
    T-ETID100
    Raspberry Pi 3, Jetvision USB Dongle

Passenger
    The correct address is
    127.0.0.1/install if on RPi browser
    RPi IP/install if on browser of device on same network (found on router settings)
    Then IP/admin to set everything up
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    Oh !
    Well, my question now is:
    I installed it with 1.14.
    Feeding FR24 is working fine, /dump1090/gmap.html working properly but no acess to graph (btw, what will be the correct adress to put in in browser window?)

Thank you for your help.

Passenger
    Thanks maverick, but

both ( IP of RP/admin and IP of RP/install) sends back 404 not found.
    T-ETID100
    Raspberry Pi 3, Jetvision USB Dongle

Passenger
    abcd567 and Oblivian help request, again....
    I've narrowed it down that the problem seems to be dump1090 stopping to work after a while.
    In fact after restarting it all starts again to work for a while (10mins or so) and then stops feeding and showing aircraft on map. What could be the problem then? I'm out of option as I'm completely ignorant in programming.
    Thanks again