Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automated Installation of Dump1090-Mutability, Data Feeders, and Performance Graphs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think as well that WiFi is not the problem. But I'll give it a try with all other troubleshooting next month.

Yeah I think so, I uploaded the full 4000 pixels image and the forum has limited it.

Comment

• Excellent script, thanks.

I have installed FR24 feed, and ADS-B Exchange feed. I want to add Opensky feed. Is that possible, or do I need to start "all over" again ? If not, how to do it ?

Comment

• You can just install it following the instructions here:

Don't install another dump1090 variety though.

Basically, these two commands from the mentioned page are the only thing you need:

Code:
        wget https://opensky-network.org/files/firmware/opensky-feeder_latest_armhf.deb
        sudo dpkg -i opensky-feeder_latest_armhf.deb

Comment

• @Talle

What @wiedehopf has described is the easiest method.

However just to complete the records, if you want to do it by scripts, you can, and you dont have to do it all over again. I mean you dont have to reinstall stuff you have already installed by the script.

You have to run the script again, but this time keep saying NO to everything offered till you reach feeders. At this stage you select the opensky-network feeder (and nothing else), then continue till end. again saying NO to everything offered.

Code:
          cd adsb-receiver

./install.sh

Comment

• Ok, thanks guys. I did it the "manual" way, and it worked

Comment

• Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
              You can just install it following the instructions here:

Don't install another dump1090 variety though.

Basically, these two commands from the mentioned page are the only thing you need:

Code:
              wget https://opensky-network.org/files/firmware/opensky-feeder_latest_armhf.deb
              sudo dpkg -i opensky-feeder_latest_armhf.deb
              Would something similar to this work for feeding AirNav Radarbox?

They have their own stick and software but I would assume it is a receiver similar to the FlightAware branded stick I am using right now.

I've used the instructions here and am currently feeding FR24, FlightAware, and Planefinder.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by glen4cindy View Post
                Would something similar to this work for feeding AirNav Radarbox?

They have their own stick and software but I would assume it is a receiver similar to the FlightAware branded stick I am using right now.

I've used the instructions here and am currently feeding FR24, FlightAware, and Planefinder.

Thanks in advance.
                The logical place to ask would be their own support area..

Our most recent development has been our very own Raspberry Pi client called RBFeeder. With the new RBFeeder client those of you who have a Raspberry Pi (any model), can now feed data to Radarbox24. - RadarBox.com Blog
                Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-06-12, 03:11.
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  The logical place to ask would be their own support area..

https://www.radarbox24.com/blog/rada...erry-pi-client
                  I’m sorry. I’m not trying to ask anything out of turn. But others have asked how to multi-feed sites like Opensky and FlightAware while feeding FR24 and have received great guidance.

I wasn’t sure that their site would be the best place to begin a question about multiple feeds since it was already being addressed here.

Comment

• Someone already asked me recently to un stick this thread due to it being out of date and no longer working. (So I did)

So the root answer is likely no, not any more.

but most places allow you to join them with basic instructions like the link above

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Someone already asked me recently to un stick this thread due to it being out of date and no longer working. (So I did)
                      There seems to be some mixup.

Current thread was NEVER a sticky.

The thread which was sticky since its creation, and became outdated was "Raspberry PI installation made too easy with extra feature" (started by zahidulhasan in Oct 2017). This is the thread you un sticked recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                        There seems to be some mixup.

Current thread was NEVER a sticky.

The thread which was sticky since its creation, and became outdated was "Raspberry PI installation made too easy with extra feature" (started by zahidulhasan in Oct 2017). This is the thread you un sticked recently.
                        Bah. Too many similar guides.

I'd go on a delete spree but someone would be bound to tell me off.

Comment

Bah. Too many similar guides.

I'd go on a delete spree but someone would be bound to tell me off.
                          This is exactly this hurdle I'm running into.

I see guides on here that have a lot of pages to them. I do not want to be lazy, but, if there are say 12 or 13 pages, it takes a very long time to read through everything only to find out like Oblivion says the information is no longer valid.

What would be great is if these threads could somehow be archived so the information is still there but it would be clear they are no longer valid.

I did notice the Github page on Mutability says it's old code that is no longer maintained but I see quite a bit that seems to still be using it.

Comment

• asdb-receiver which is talked about in this thread should work.

mutability moved to maintaining dump1090-fa but dump1090-mutability 1.15 still works fine.

you should be able to use both without a problem.

If you want to use dump1090-fa, i've written a guide on how to install it with fr24feed in mind:
                            Solutions to common problems using dump1090 variants and ADS-B feeders - wiedehopf/adsb-wiki

Comment

• Originally posted by glen4cindy View Post
                              This is exactly this hurdle I'm running into.

I see guides on here that have a lot of pages to them. I do not want to be lazy, but, if there are say 12 or 13 pages, it takes a very long time to read through everything.
                              You dont have to read all pages, read only the first post of the thread.
                              The First post is the actual "How-to" and contains all necessary instructions AND it is regularly updated.
                              Subsequent posts are either questions/answers raised by users or optional items.

Originally posted by glen4cindy View Post
                              only to find out like Oblivion says the information is no longer valid. . What would be great is if these threads could somehow be archived so the information is still there but it would be clear they are no longer valid.
                              This comment is specific to one particular thread, whose author has stopped updating his software (the image file), and also stopped appearing and answering questions. Most of other Howto's are regularly updated.

Originally posted by glen4cindy View Post
                              I did notice the Github page on Mutability says it's old code that is no longer maintained
                              This comment is applicable to Mutabilty ver 1.14.
                              The Mutability ver 1.15~dev is still good, and up to date.

Comment

• Well 1.15 is no longer maintained either.

Mutability moved on to developing dump1090-fa and is no longer fixing bugs or problems in dump1090-mutability.

The fact that it still works fine doesn't change that fact.

There is quite some information that is not displayed in dump1090-mutability

Stuff like mach number, indicated airspeed and selected altitude.
                                It's not supported by all transponders and needs to be actively queried by ATC radar to be broadcast, but it's still nice to have if you want to look at it.
                                Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-06-12, 18:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X