Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automated Installation of Dump1090-Mutability, Data Feeders, and Performance Graphs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I downloaded Raspbian Stretch and followed the above steps. This is what happens:

The ADS-B Receiver Project Preliminary Setup Process

Downloading and installing the latest updates for your operating system...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Your operating system should now be up to date.

Press enter to continue...
    Detecting CPU architecture...
    sed: can't read /etc/default/dump1090-mutability: No such file or directory
    sed: can't read /etc/default/dump1090-mutability: No such file or directory
    sed: can't read /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/config.js: No such file or directory

The ADS-B Receiver Project v2.6.1 Installer

Setting up dump1090-mutability...

Installing packages needed to fulfill dependencies for dump1090-mutability...

Checking if the package git is installed... [OK]
    Checking if the package curl is installed... [OK]
    Checking if the package build-essential is installed... [OK]
    Checking if the package debhelper is installed... [NOT INSTALLED]
    Installing the package debhelper...

Building dependency tree
    Package debhelper is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'debhelper' has no installation candidate

Checking if the package debhelper is installed... [INSTALLATION ATTEMPT FAILED]
    Attempting to Install the package debhelper again in 5 seconds (ATTEMPT 2 OF 5)...

Building dependency tree
    Package debhelper is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'debhelper' has no installation candidate

I used the synaptic client to look for this package and could not find it. The mutability directories do not exist yet it seems that the command line is happy with the github files

I also looked through the other thread but could not find anything that would help here.

Thank you

Comment

@qsman
      1. First of all manually update the apt
      Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      2. Now check if debhelper has an installation candidate
      Code:
      apt-cache policy debhelper
      3. Most likely after manual update, 'debhelper' will have an installation candidate. Now run the script again.

Comment

abcd567,

Thank you very much. In the interim I started over again after locating jprochazka's latest instruction set on Github and his all-inclusive image:

jprochazka/adsb-receiver (sorry cant post URL's yet)

So far I have been moving through the instructions at a much better clip.

Comment

@qsman
          Yes, it is easier to burn the an all-inclusive image, instead of burning Raspbian image, then running script.

However the "all-inclusive image" is actually NOT all-inclusive. It includes only dump1090 (fa or mutability version) pre-installed. The other thing which is included is the script, so one dont have to give command "git clone https://github.com/jprochazka/adsb-receiver.git" to download it.

To install data feeders (flightaware, fr24, planefinder, adsbexchange) and graphs(web portal), one has to still run the included script.

Link to the "all-inclusive Image" download page:
          Create your own ADS-B receiver and web portal. Contribute to jprochazka/adsb-receiver development by creating an account on GitHub.

Link to page "How to use image" instructions:
          Create your own ADS-B receiver and web portal. Contribute to jprochazka/adsb-receiver development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

@qsman
            The problem of 'debhelper' is specific to latest image of Raspbian Stretch (2018-03-13-raspbian-stretch-lite.img)

J Prochazka's image uses previous version (2017-11-29-raspbian-stretch-lite.img) and hence has no such problem.

You can check the issue date of any Raspbian immage by command cat /boot/issue.txt.
            The output I got below is from JProchazka's latest image (adsb-receiver_2.6.1_dump1090-fa_raspbian-stretch-lite).

Code:
            pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /boot/issue.txt
            Raspberry Pi reference 2017-11-29
            Generated using pi-gen, https://github.com/RPi-Distro/pi-gen, b71bf3179310aadf9aaf2ffcdf094a88e488dce8, stage2

Comment

If anyone wants, he can find all archived "Raspbian Lite" images from here:

The one just before the current trouble-making image was "2017-11-29-raspbian-stretch-lite.zip". It can be downloaded from here:

Comment

@qsman

I could install debhelper on 2018-03-13-raspbian-stretch-lite.img, which I downloaded today.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /etc/os-release
                PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"
                .................................................. ...............

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /boot/issue.txt
                Raspberry Pi reference 2018-03-13

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ apt-cache policy debhelper
                debhelper:
                Installed: (none)
                Candidate: 10.2.5

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install debhelper
                Building dependency tree
                .................................................. ..............
                .................................................. ..............
                Setting up debhelper (10.2.5) ...
                Setting up dh-strip-nondeterminism (0.034-1) ...
                Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.24-11+deb9u3) ...
                pi@raspberrypi:~ $
                Last edited by abcd567; 2018-04-05, 05:42.

Comment

Hello abcd567,

dump1090-mutability. But now it´s very strange! I see dump1090-mutability running as process in top.

But if i check status sudo service dump1090-mutability status it reports me:

● dump1090-mutability.service - LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant)
                  Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability; generated; vendor preset: enabled)
                  Active: inactive (dead) since Sun 2018-05-13 10:07:30 CEST; 1 day 7h ago
                  Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
                  Process: 874 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                  Process: 398 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Mai 13 10:04:39 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant)...
                  Mai 13 10:04:43 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant).
                  Mai 13 10:07:28 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Stopping LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant)...
                  Mai 13 10:07:30 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Stopped LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant).

I think i should install it again from blanco system

Any idea?

Best,
                  Flash
                  T-EDDL150

Comment

It seems FR24 feeder has installed its own dump1090-mutability. This happens if you choose Receiver = DVBT

To check, give following command. The output of this command will give version number installed. if version is 1.14, then the FR24 feeder has installed it. If version is 1.15, then it is the one you installed.
                    Code:
                    apt-cache policy dump1090-mutability

Comment

Really does need to come with a big warning now it seems :/ 'Dont select DVBT unless it is the first and only ADSB program installed and you know what you are doing' :/
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

@Oblivian
                        You are right.

Actually the pre-installed dump1090-mutability in Pi24 image is good and necessary, because Pi24 image is intended as "Plug-n-Play". No other decoder needed, and no other decoder should be installed.

However there is no need of "Plug-n-Play" for a user who wants to individually install all components (i.e. the Raspbian OS, dump1090, fr24feed, and any other data feeder). The fr24feed package install (by bash script) on an existing OS should NOT include a dump1090-mutability installation script. Instead two separate bash scripts should be presented to user:

Script #1 : For fr24feed only (no option "receiver=dvbt", and no script included for installing dump1090).

Script #2 : For installation of dump1090-mutability v1.14, with remark "This script will install dump1090-mutability ver 1.14. Use this script ONLY if you do not already have, or do not want to install, any other version of dump1090".
                        Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-14, 22:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash
                          If i understand it right i should do that again "Script #1 : For fr24feed only (no option "receiver=dvbt", and no script included for installing dump1090)."?
                          No, you misunderstood. That is a proposal for FlightRadar24 Software Developers, NOT for you.

Originally posted by Flash
                          It comes from FR24Feeder:
                          dump1090-mutability:
                          Installiert: 1.14
                          It is all messed up because during configuration of fr24feed, you chose "Receiver : DVBT". If you choose this option, FR24Feeder removes dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev and installs ver 1.14. When this happens, the graphs (Web Portal) and map pages installed by automated install script of this thread fail to work.

Best and cleanest solution is a fresh install. Burn your microSD card with Raspbian Stretch image, then run the automated install script as shown in FIRST POST of this thread and choose its option install dump1090-mutability and FR24 data feeder. If you want, you can also install Web Portal and other data feeders. Make sure that when you configure fr24feed, NEVER Select "RECEIVER: DVBT" . All the mess is created by choosing "Receiver : DVBT".

Choose following:
                          Receiver: ModeSBeast (TCP)
                          Host/IP: 127.0.0.1:30005

NOTE
                          If you are not interested in installing dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev and/or Web Portal (Performance Graphs), then there is no need to use th automated method of this thread.

Sipmly burn your microSD card with Raspbian Stretch, then run the bash script given below for installing FR24FEEDER, and during configuration, choose "Receiver: DVBT" and it will install dump1090-mutability ver 1.14. That is all, you dont have to do anything else.
                          Code:
                          sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
                          Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-15, 19:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                            Really does need to come with a big warning now it seems :/ 'Dont select DVBT unless it is the first and only ADSB program installed and you know what you are doing' :/
                            I have now added following in the first post of this thread:

CAUTION :
                            When configuring FR24 feeder, DO NOT select "Receiver: DVBT".

If you select "Receiver: DVBT", the FR24 feeder will replace dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev by v1.14. This will cause map and graphs to fail.

Set following option:
                            (1) If configuring by SSH (Putty)
                            Receiver = ModeS Beast (USB/Network)
                            Connection Type = Network connection
                            IP Address / Host: 127.0.0.1
                            Port: 30005

(2) If configuring in browser at http ://<ip-of-pi>:8754/settings.html
                            Receiver: ModeS Beast (TCP)
                            Host/IP: 127.0.0.1:30005
                            Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-16, 22:43.

Comment

@maverick464

If all above fails, run the script again
                              Code:
                              cd adsb-receiver
                              ./install.sh

If this aslo fails, remove files/folders of Web Portal and reinstall Web Portal (choose installation of Web Portal only)
                              Code:
                              sudo rm -rf /var/www/html  

sudo mkdir /var/www/html  

sudo rm -rf adsb-receiver  

git clone https://github.com/jprochazka/adsb-receiver.git  

cd adsb-receiver  

sudo chmod +x install.sh  

./install.sh
                              Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-30, 18:34.

Comment

These were what I saw after trying the steps suggested from abcd567.
                                Searching on internet I found this command line:
                                Code:
                                sudo /etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability restart
                                and now it appears to be working everything from map to fr24feed. On FR24 stats website I'm online again.
                                First of all I'd like to thank abcd567 for the time spent. Now I'll keep it monitored to see if it fails again all of the sudden with no reasons as it did on previous days/weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X