Receive raw feeder data from remote site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receive raw feeder data from remote site

To help improve FR24 coverage I want to ask a relative of mine if I can install a FR24 setup at their place.
    I want to apply for the kit myself so their house will be my secondary site
    So far no problems.

But....I want to be able to feed the raw feed from the secondary location location into VRS running at my place to monitor the performance. A solution using Ubiquity hardware to bridge the remote FR24 box to my network is ideal but that is expensive. The location already has internet so I want to utilize that as much as possible.

Does anybody have experience with a similar setup or advise for me
    F-SMZO2

Yes, it's possible but you need:

1. A real IP adress at your friends house (Not CGN / Operator NAT)
    2. A DynDNS service
    3. Configure a portmap in the router to open port 30334 from the outside, pointing to the internal IP of the FR24 box.

OR, put a Raspberry Pie together with the FR24 box (on the same network, install ModeSmixer2, configure it to connect to FR24 box, AND connect to your VRS server.

Of course, then YOU need to have the points 1-3 on your internet connection instead.

I have many receivers set up like this, but you need to know how to configure network traffic.

/Marcus
    Last edited by MrMac; 2016-10-17, 23:42.
    F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
    T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
    P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
    mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Thanks MrMac.
      I'll investigate further. What I do know is that the local (and only) ISP doesn't give out the username and password of the ADSL modems so opening up a port might prove to be a bit difficult.
      F-SMZO2

Comment

Originally posted by GitseBase View Post
        Thanks MrMac.
        I'll investigate further. What I do know is that the local (and only) ISP doesn't give out the username and password of the ADSL modems so opening up a port might prove to be a bit difficult.

Any success ?

Is the ADSL modem combined with a router ? In that case you need access, or to have the operator set it in bridge mode and use your own router that you can configure.

IF both your locations are behind NAT without any chance to configure ports, you need to find a third party that has a real internet connection, and use that to "bounce" the data, where both your sites point to the third, where a Rpi can act as a relay of the data. In that case you need one Rpi at the Receiver site and one at the middle point.

/M
        F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
        T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
        P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
        mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Working...
        X