Greetings - from Crooked River Ranch, Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings - from Crooked River Ranch, Oregon

Just got my FR antenna and receiver installed here in Central Oregon.

Looking forward to improving my setup in the future. Thinking about the following:

antenna: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
    filter/pre-amp: Uputronics 1090 MHz ADS-B Premium (ceramic) Filter/Preamp
    coax: Times Microwave LMR-600DB

Frederick (F-KRDM1)

ADS-B installed.jpgScreenshot (7).jpg

Thinking of buying the Uputronics saw filter pre-amp. How is your Uputronic pre amp going. They are expensive for whats in them

Comment

Originally posted by Alcra View Post
      Thinking of buying the Uputronics saw filter pre-amp. How is your Uputronic pre amp going. They are expensive for whats in them
      Haven't bought it yet

The antenna that FR24 sent me was hardwired to the coax - so to upgrade, I'll have to replace the antenna and coax as well as add the preamp (all at once). It''s working fine as is, so I'm setting up some othe things first. Hope to do it before the end of the year.

Comment

The antenna and coax supplied with the FR24 boxes is more than suitable. They are tuned for the preamp filtering included inside the box itself.

Going outside those parameters isn't advised (and I think possibly outlined in the agreement..)
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Is anybody in the position to give a review on the Uputronics Saw filter and preamp? Would like to go with it but around here the knowledge and availability of SMA connectors is scarce. Apart from the Dongle all my connections are F type.

Comment

Working...
          X