Limited Mobility Spotter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Mobility Spotter

I'm hoping to make a few spotting trips next year to either major US or European airports, however my friend has mobility issues and cannot
    walk far or stand for long periods. Does anyone know of airports that have hotels that overlook the runway from where we can 'spot'. I recently stayed at the London Heathrow Rennaissance Hotel & found the views from the room to be perfect for photography & reading off the aircraft. - see attached pics.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jem; 2016-09-10, 17:45.

Oh I highly recommend the Novatel at Brussels! Went there last year, free bus link with airport and hotel, asked for a room overlooking the airport, could see the cargo ramp and that was it. Didn't realise that the runway was in front as a Turkish lifted off in front of the window (not THAT close but it is pretty close) and the window opened so allowed for shots. Room had a chair, plonked it in front of the window, sorted!
    Is great when an A330 lifts off and rumbles by!

If you like I can post a couple if pictures I took from the window if you like?
    Last edited by G-EZAJ; 2016-09-19, 22:37. Reason: Typo

Comment

Thank you G-EZAJ, I'll look into that as I've never been to BRU - a pic would be greatly appreciated too.

Comment

Many years ago i was staying at the Heathrow Park Hotel which had a balcony you could sit outside on and watch the planes come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jem View Post
          Thank you G-EZAJ, I'll look into that as I've never been to BRU - a pic would be greatly appreciated too.
          I've attached 3 photo's from the hotel room, as you can see, great for take-offs!

DSCF5540.jpgDSCF5560.jpgDSCF5855.jpg

Comment

Great pics, thank you.

Comment

Nice photos

Comment

Working...
              X