FR24 crashing same time everyday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 crashing same time everyday

I am not sure if it is a local problem or not, between 07:30 - 07:34 every day the FR24feed program crashes almost without fail. Over the last few days it has crashed 3 times between 07:30 - 07:40. Fortunately I have a bat file that runs under task scheduler when it detects the event, closes the CMD window and starts a new one off again all within about 3 seconds.

If the problem is not local, does the server do some task around this time, perhaps some housekeeping etc? I have a good reason for asking this. I have tried two different laptops and have just bought a top end MS Surface Pro 4. All 3 exhibit the same behaviour.

I am totally baffled by this, for the remainder of the 23 hours 59 minutes and 56 seconds it's pretty solid.

If anyone has any ideas, I am listening

J
    Last edited by slammer99uk; 2016-08-25, 09:28.

Got the latest version?

Turned off 'allow Windows to turn off this device to save power' on USBs?

Got a router clearing your internet connection?
    - double check logs dont do something funny for the server connection to be severed

There was an issue with an earlier version that dropped, but that was later resolved.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Earlier versions of the Raspberry Pi software would check for updates every day at about 7:30. There was a bug in the script to do with permissions that would cause a crash.

If you search back through the forum you will find the details.

Comment

Sorry I should have mentioned Win 10 on a surface Pro 4. So i don't think the Pi stuff comes into it

I have now gone through the USB hubs and unticked the power saving feature and checked I have 1.0.16-11 which I think is the latest version.

So now comes the waiting, hopefully I may have an update in the next couple of days.

J

Comment

Hi Slammer99uk, you should get a Raspberry pi for FR24. It works really well .

Comment

Followup - Looks like Oblivian hit the nail on the head - I disabled all USB power saving options and what do you know? No crash for 3 mornings on the trot

What does puzzle me a bit is that my SBS-3 is connected via ethernet and USB does not come into the connections at all - Still what works, works

Many thanks for the replies

J

Comment

Originally posted by slammer99uk View Post
              Followup - Looks like Oblivian hit the nail on the head - I disabled all USB power saving options and what do you know? No crash for 3 mornings on the trot

What does puzzle me a bit is that my SBS-3 is connected via ethernet and USB does not come into the connections at all - Still what works, works

Many thanks for the replies

J
              You can also mod the power options on network adaptors too. But if it was the cause its possible you have a USB device connected that causes a full interrupt for some reason (bad driver or chipset handling)
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Not touching anything, now its working

J

Comment

It seems I spoke too soon. Bang on 07:30 this morning it crashed again.

I cannot understand why I seem to be the only one suffering from this problem on three different machines

J

Comment

Working...
                  X