Dump1090 V FR24feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump1090 V FR24feeder

So I've managed to install Dump1090-mutability and FR24feeder sucsessfully (I think!)

When my Pi boots, it (I believe) loads the Dump1090-mutability first, then loads the FR24feeder next automatically (I think?).

This allows me to visualize data on the dump1090 map by going to http://localhost/dump1090/gmap.html

The problem this appears to create is that it will not allow output to both FR24Feeder and Dump1090 on the same boot. Subsequently, output to Dump1090 is displayed onto http://localhost/dump1090/gmap.html, but not the FR24feeder status page http://localhost:8754. This consistently reports that [FR24 status page] is receiving no aircraft data and it's status is showing as offline and no aircraft are detected despite being in range too on the FR24 website too. Dump1090 and it's map of course is displaying quite the contrary.

The moment I run "sudo service dum1090-mutability stop" (i.e stop dump1090) Data begins to free flow into the FR feed page again but will not display on the http://localhost/dump1090/gmap.html

I suspect this is some sort of port or data conflict error. I've had a quick look around the FRQ but can't find anything solid that would help.

Does anyone have any advice?

You have the config wrong. As per all the recommended settings it should NOT be on dvbt when using eternally loaded Dump1090

It will be attempting to load a 2nd copy.

Either change settings when dump1090-m is not running. Or use the Signup command again.

Also be a little nicer to add your queries to existing threads rather than make a new one for every issue as the will all end up going the same direction as others and get overlapping information

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Have not seen an example of your config, but if it its not accessible, then FR24feed is not running, or restarting constantly due to config error and not being able to start as dump1090 is starting before it.

The particular part to take note of if you are doing the advanced mutability install was outlined..

RaspberryPi with FR24feed & PiAware or currently running Dump1090:
      If you have previously installed PiAware separate (or Dump1090) - it may be installed and running standalone. In this instance configure your feeder as AVR-TCP as above NOT USB DVBT or you will face errors similar to error examples below
      You also need to ensure you do not have --interactive specified, as this is made for on-screen output and not pass data to fr24feed uploader
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

And regarding the auto starting, thats what 'service' does. Adds the command as a service on start.

To confirm my suspicion with FR24feed not able to use the DVB stick because Dump1090 is, you run the other listed commands..

Are you unsure of why it will not start or MLAT or other functions are not working
        - Stop FR24feed
        sudo service fr24feed stop
        - Start fr24feed with full output
        sudo fr24feed start ( !! no 'Service' !! )

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Also be a little nicer to add your queries to existing threads...
          Apologies. Rather new to this but noted for future reference. Please remove thread or more to appropriate thread.

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          You have the config wrong. As per all the recommended settings it should NOT be on dvbt when using eternally loaded Dump1090

It will be attempting to load a 2nd copy.
          This is what I suspect it was doing, yes. When I have it loaded on DVBT however it will successfully output to the FR network and show as online and will also display aircraft tracked/loaded on the feeder status, along with MLAT running. It will not however output visually to the dump1090 map. (Red dialogue box saying Dump1090 not loaded/present)

However, when i reconfigure the feeder to avr-tcp, it will output to the dump1090 map, but will show as offline on the FR24 network, and aircraft tracked/loaded remains at N/a, and MLAT: No. I'm assuming the dump1090 is using the device exclusively or not forwarding the data to FR24.

UPDATE: It turns out there was an error code i was missing when installing Dump1090 that was causing Dump1090 not to install correctly. All the settings as per all the recommendations were indeed correct, as above.

Having reinstalled on a clean system, and installed/configured line by line examining each output in detail, I have now successfully managed to run both parallel.

Top Newbie Tip: Run each line individually, examine the output, and avoid multiple line executions at a time!
          Last edited by Graeme2812; 2016-08-23, 18:29.

Comment

Hi, instead of creating a new thread I would like to add a basic question - as new user without any Raspberry and FR24 experiences I learn day by day and maybe someone could give me an anser to the following question:

I installed some days ago the FR24 image (including Debian, Dump 1090 and FR24 feeder software) without any problems. But I didn't had the GUI what is not easy for me to set up some options. Just to learn other scenarios I set up another System with the GUI and installed the Dump 1080 and FR24 Software separate (sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - LINK OF://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"). I had to answer some question about GPS data, altitude and my sharing key. But I also had to answer question I had no clue what was meant behind.

If I look now in my settings, I see the following picture:

FR24 Feeder Settings.jpg

Would you makes changes? The Local Host is the one that seems to be important but I don't know for what the Local Host stands.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

Rolf

Comment

Not applicable in dvbt mode. I have a deeper explanation of the fields in my FAQ

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

now that is very interesting..... because with dvbt default my doongle not work i have set to AVR TCP, and by host i have 30002 otherwise dont work too....

very curious for a answer.
                thanks in advance
                cheers 🍻

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

My DVB-T dongle is plugged into RPi.
                  The microSD card of RPi has:
                  (1) Jessie Lite
                  (2) dump1090-mutability
                  (3) FR24 feeder installed by bash command
                  sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
                  (4) Flightaware data feeder
                  (5) Planefinder data feeder.

My FR24 settings are shown below on page http://<ip address of Pi>:8754.

With these settings:
                  (1) I successfully feed data to FR24
                  (2) See the map on page http://<ip address of Pi>/dump1090/gmap.html

Last edited by abcd567; 2016-08-27, 08:22.

Comment

yes AVR TCP!! like mine i still just curious how that can works with dvbt default and without host..... seems impossible to me....

Comment

Originally posted by mrcarlos View Post
                      yes AVR TCP!! like mine i still just curious how that can works with dvbt default and without host..... seems impossible to me....

Because choosing dvbt loads dump 1090 and handles taking to the stick direct. If something already doing that. It's not accessible to fr24more than once. So need to connect to the software that is locked it but using network traffic. Aka TCP.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X