Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GUI for Debian Installation (FR24 Image)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUI for Debian Installation (FR24 Image)

Dear Forum

I am neither an experienced Linux nor a Flightradar User but I already had my first success yesterday . I bought a Raspberry Pi3 and the ADS-B stick with a little antenna (I intend to install an antenna on our roof later but I want to try out first if it works). Thereafter I downloaded the image from FR24 (Latest version is 1.0.18-7 (2016-07-12)) and installed the image on the sd card. To configure Swiss Keyboard Layout and to activate the WLAN I had to work with SUDO commands (not an easy task for a well experienced Windows user ....) - happy to have google search !!

Well, the system seems to work (T-LSZH153 ..... yeeeaaa) and I am wondering how may flights have already been tracked with this little small antenna. What I still miss is a graphical user interface for Raspberry Pi to make changes even easier then working with SODO commands. I also intend to enable Remote Desktop (if possible) so that an external monitor is not needed anymore.

How do I activate GUI and is it possible to activate also RDS?

Thanks in advance for your support - please excuse this base question form a beginner.

Rolf

It's not included in the Pi Image I think.

Normal linux has a number of guis, one of them being 'X' however none of them will help you as they use more resources on a Pi (Make other tasks like aircraft decoding slower) and also do not add to the config experience.

You still NEED to use commandline or the web interface even with a GUI

Be sure to take notes of the tips I outlined..

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
    X