No announcement yet.

Installing Flightradar24 on the latest Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have installed my home made dipole on the roof today.....within a few hours range had become a lot wider but still limited to 130 nm.... Im happy with that as measuring that out on Google maps I am still seeing 80% of the north island of New Zealand.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcra View Post
      Have installed my home made dipole on the roof today.....within a few hours range had become a lot wider but still limited to 130 nm.... Im happy with that as measuring that out on Google maps I am still seeing 80% of the north island of New Zealand.
      Great! Congratulations.

Comment

Here is a link on Youtube that shows how to make a co-linear. The dimensions are critical but the gain is way better than a simple 1/4 wave whip.

The most important thing is the height of the antenna of course. BTW, why are you using a dipole? A monopole works the best.
        Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-08-28, 10:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
          Here is a link on Youtube that shows how to make a co-linear. The dimensions are critical but the gain is way better than a simple 1/4 wave whip.

The most important thing is the height of the antenna of course. BTW, why are you using a dipole? A monopole works the best.
          Very unusual. Watch the youtube video from 8.00 minutes to 10.00 minutes. He has cut-off the center wire of lowest element (feed point), and the center wire of feed coax is connected to the shield of first element. No connection between feed coax shield and center wire of bottom-most element.
          Last edited by abcd567; 2016-08-28, 16:49.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
            Very unusual. Watch the youtube video from 8.00 minutes to 10.00 minutes. He has cut-off the center wire of lowest element (feed point), and the center wire of feed coax is connected to the shield of first element. No connection between feed coax shield and center wire of bottom-most element.
            Ha, your'e absolutely right as usual, didn't notice that, not a very good DYI video. This one is better (I think) or just pay Flighaware for the $40USD colinear antenna and forget the grief:
            Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-08-30, 08:37.

Comment

Working...
            X