API Access for data feeders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API Access for data feeders?

Sorry if I'm missing this in the documentation somewhere, but do we get private access to the data API if we feed from our receivers? I'm an IoT and API programmer, feeding weather and other data to other sites already. I'm happy to share and assume we receive access to flightradar24 data in return as part of our Premium subscription. Correct?

Thx!

incorrect, fr24 don't have api access, and another websites for free.... don't exist.
    cheers 🍻

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi MrCookies,

As mrcarlos has rightfully pointed out, Flightradar24 doesn't provide access to an external API.

If you want to feed data to us, you're entitled to a free Business Premium subscription For the details of this subscription please check out the following link: https://www.flightradar24.com/premium/

Originally posted by mrcookies View Post
      Sorry if I'm missing this in the documentation somewhere, but do we get private access to the data API if we feed from our receivers? I'm an IoT and API programmer, feeding weather and other data to other sites already. I'm happy to share and assume we receive access to flightradar24 data in return as part of our Premium subscription. Correct?

Thx!
      Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcarlos View Post
        incorrect, fr24 don't have api access, and another websites for free.... don't exist.
        cheers 🍻

Sorry, I might not have been specific in my post. I was asking if data is available via the API if you are a feeder. That's not for free. If I'm providing hardware, externally mounted antenna runs, fractional sustained bandwidth and an ongoing commitment of my time, it's actually more expensive than just charging a couple hundred a year to my credit card for access to another API.

If flightradar24 does not allow contributors to access data, it would be an unusual policy compared to many other crowd-sourced data sites like wunderground.com. This is especially true for a site that's generating profit both off subscribers and ads with a pretty aggressive add blocker prohibition. Generally, sites like that use the incentive of data to build out as dense a network as possible, and as flightradar24 points out it does not show all flights, due in part to the incompleteness of it's coverage. And to your point of "for free", there are other sites which for a fee do include all flights.

The question was less about policy and more about encouraging a spirit of sharing that furthers flightradar24's business goals by aligning with the interests and motivates potential contributors. The question is, if I'm going to pay for a subscription and can't access my own data, why contribute to flightradar24 instead of just subscribing to a competitor?

Comment

Hi, i understand your point of view, the answer its really not easy, i think simple fact why websites dont provide api access to who help with sharing data its just because we are milions of contribuitors, thinking about milions access every hour and every day and you need to runn a great server for that, and that cost to many..... in flightware you can access api for variety of data but you pay for all requests to data base.
          that is only what i think, maybd im wrong and there is another explanation.....

anyway you can save all data captured with your radar there is lots of good tutorials for doing that.
          best regards
          Cheers 🍻

Comment

Thanks everyone for your insight. I'm live with FlightAware with my Raspberry Pi tonight, and full access to their API. I don't generally like going with "the big guy" and will keep and eye on flightradar24. If the data access rules change I'll revisit the community. Cheers.

Comment

I'm live with FlightAware with my Raspberry Pi tonight, and full access to their API.
              Do you get free access to FlightAware's API as a feeder?
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                i don't think so....

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                  He did not say that, maybe he's just trolling?
                  JRF: T-EDNY19
                  South Germany

Comment

Originally posted by jrf View Post
                    He did not say that, maybe he's just trolling?
                    No I didn't say it was free. The difference is they have a comprehensive API with SDKs and an active community. So if I'm going to have to pay, I'd rather have better service. They do provide free Professional $80/month web accounts for feeders, and I want to feed the same community that I get data from.

I'm not trolling or anything else. I was excited by the possibility of an alternative community to participate in, which ideally would grant access to an API. That's not possible, so I'm going with the strongest paid product.

Comment

No I didn't say it was free. The difference is they have a comprehensive API with SDKs and an active community. So if I'm going to have to pay, I'd rather have better service. They do provide free Professional $80/month web accounts for feeders, and I want to feed the same community that I get data from.

I'm not trolling or anything else. I was excited by the possibility of an alternative community to participate in, which ideally would grant access to an API. That's not possible, so I'm going with the strongest paid product.
                      Hi MrCookies - curious how much you pay each month for usage of flightawares API? I read somewhere that its quite a low fee, $0.1 per query. I'm in the process of building an app and trying to get an idea of how much this thing will cost me...in addition to my free time haha!

Comment

Great benefits to feeding FlightRadar24

Originally posted by Gaelan View Post
                        Hi MrCookies,

As mrcarlos has rightfully pointed out, Flightradar24 doesn't provide access to an external API.

If you want to feed data to us, you're entitled to a free Business Premium subscription For the details of this subscription please check out the following link: https://www.flightradar24.com/premium/
                        I think a free business subscription for feeding data is great. I setup my station just for personal interest in air traffic around my local airport, so I can get live non delayed traffic information. It costs me no more in time or money to feed my data to Flight Radar and I get a great free business subscription. Brilliant!
                        T-EGMC85 - SEN

Comment

Working...
                        X