How to view dump1090-mutability off network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to view dump1090-mutability off network

Is there a way to config port foward to see /dump1090/gmap.html off network? I knew when you set up the long and latitude it asked to give the approx location is there a public address I'm missing?

of course, you need only to configure your router to forward your dump1090 for whatever port you like, if you are behind of NAS and you can't forward ports on your network, just use ngrok do the same job very well.
    cheers 🍻

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

I understand how to port forward but it's not on a port or I don't know what port it uses. It use to be 8080 but with the new /dump1090/gmap.html at the end of the url I'm not sure. That's what's confusing me.

Comment

If there ain't a port listed or changed in config. I'd like every other web address standard.

:80

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

@ nick223

First image is how I set port forwarding in my home network modem
          (Application: HTTP, Port Range=80 to 80, Local IP Address=Local IP of RPi, Remote IP Address=Any, Protocol=TCP)

Second image shows I can see it on my phone on its 4G data network, away from home network
          http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/dump1090/gmap.html where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = my Internet IP address

port forwarding.png . port forwarding gmap.jpg
          Last edited by abcd567; 2016-08-01, 22:48.

Comment

I'll try it again. I tried 80 last night and it was a no go.

Comment

Originally posted by nick223 View Post
              I'll try it again. I tried 80 last night and it was a no go.
              This happened with me when I first tried.
              Then I restarted modem several times, no use.
              Then I reset the modem to "FACTORY DEFAULTS" and then tried again. Bingo! it worked.
              I was a bit nervous to reset to "Factory Defaults" that I may breakdown something. Luckily nothing went wrong.

Comment

I got it 80 port to dump1090/gmap.html

Comment

Hi there!

I'm trying to access dump1090 off my home network, but no joy.
                  At home, at port 8080 it's all fine.

With my public IP:8080, get this:
                  sfsfsf.png

With my public IP/dump1090/gmap.html, "Unable to connect"

I have the ports 8080 and 80 opened.
                  T-LPCO12 Up since: 2016-08-26
                  Rpi2|R820T|Cantennaabcd567

Comment

You really shouldn't use the common ports outside. I left rdp open 2 days and was bombarded with password attempts from China and Romania.

It's better practice to have a different external non standard (8086 for example) port, pointing to the internal 8080 and let router do the translation.

Router web config pages can intercept and cause such errors. However I'm not sure dump1090 can serve to outside network without some tweaking

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Done, I've disabled the doors. Thank you for that advise.

I just want access to dump1090 map outside my home network.
                      I'm on mutability v1.14 and can't get the "/dump1090/gmap.html"
                      I have the idea, off some one talking about, gmap and Google changing some stuff in the past couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by batrakiu View Post
                        Done, I've disabled the doors. Thank you for that advise.

I just want access to dump1090 map outside my home network.
                        I'm on mutability v1.14 and can't get the "/dump1090/gmap.html"
                        I have the idea, off some one talking about, gmap and Google changing some stuff in the past couple of months.
                        You'll still need the port in the URL, ala <sourceip>:<port>/dump1090/...

And also ensure when you --reconfigure dump1090 for the bind network its set to all (blank if I recall) not a specific ip which can lock down access.

Comment

It also won't go well if its on a cellular connection host as often only web traffic out is allowed

Comment

It's on a ADSL normal home service.
                            Can't get it up.

"HTTP Server(World Wide Web)" enabled on Port80 to the RPi network internal IP.
                            I don't remember of putting any IP in the dump1090 configuration. I will make the --reconfigure again, just in case.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by batrakiu View Post
                              It's on a ADSL normal home service.
                              Can't get it up.

"HTTP Server(World Wide Web)" enabled on Port80 to the RPi network internal IP.
                              I don't remember of putting any IP in the dump1090 configuration. I will make the --reconfigure again, just in case.

Thanks!
                              Using the preset servers fixes paticular ports. You need a custom firewall rule

External Address: All
                              Port: 8096 (or something not standard)
                              To:
                              Internal Address: <Ip of Pi>
                              Port: 8080 (dump1090 default)

So it goes Internet -> 8096 -> Router -> 8080 -> Pi

Comment

Working...
                              X