Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typical Alert delay time? 20 minutes? No orange planes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical Alert delay time? 20 minutes? No orange planes?

I have a handful of tail numbers set up as email Alerts. (Silver membership).
    I do get notified, but too delayed to be very useful , about 20 minutes!
    I see the planes on the live tracking well before getting the Alert.
    Is this typical?

Also there is often significant delay in the live tracking yet there are NO Orange planes shown,,, ever! (even way out over the ocean).
    (I have all Data Sources turned on in settings)
    Is anyone else seeing orange planes?

My interest is in watching Fire-Fighting Aircraft.
    I also listen to them on my scanner, that is how I notice the tracking delays. (I have offered to put up a receiver, but was told my area is already covered).
    Thanks!
    Keith,
    Santa Cruz California

Originally posted by 1king26 View Post
    Also there is often significant delay in the live tracking yet there are NO Orange planes shown,,, ever! (even way out over the ocean).
    (I have all Data Sources turned on in settings)
    Is anyone else seeing orange planes?
    Orange planes (FAA) does not show on FR24 anymore for a few months as FAA does not ask flight trackers to show the delay anymore. So they show as regular yellow planes now.

Comment

Please re-instate the ORANGE Planes (delayed information)! It would really help.

Comment

I don't think the orange planes are coming back anytime soon because they are no longer delayed. You can still see them it's just that they are now yellow like all the others but you do need to select "US/Canada Radar" under Settings/Visibility for them to appear.

Comment

Working...
        X