Strange return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange return

Anyone got any idea what this may be? Been floating over Sydney for a couple of days now Vertical speed goes from +11000 to - 11000 in a blink and the speeds are weird.
    wtf.jpg

Prob stationary position being misreported

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It is the fixed position test device on Centrepoint tower in the city.

It is being decoded by another system and the results are sent to FR24 by mistake. One of the local feeders (T-YSBK30 probably) has a problem with his configuration.

The jitter is an indication of the errors present in decoding signals without position data and trying to estimate the position. This is why MLAT reports can be very variable.

Comment

Originally posted by stanno View Post

It is being decoded by another system and the results are sent to FR24 by mistake. One of the local feeders (T-YSBK30 probably) has a problem with his configuration.

The jitter is an indication of the errors present in decoding signals without position data and trying to estimate the position. This is why MLAT reports can be very variable.
        Thanks. I was just curious, it truly looked odd!

Comment

Originally posted by stanno View Post

Thanks To be honest it was kind of creepy looking
          I don't think i should have one because everyone gets mad when i have one.

Comment

Working...
          X