Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADS-B Receiver in door

Hello everyone,

I am a passionate guy by the aviation for a long time, I have been using FlightRadar24 for quite a long time now on PC and iPhone. I would like to buy a little ADS-B Receiver in door, I can use to provide coverage to FlightRadar24, and to use it on EuroScope.

So I am quite new in this area so I would like to ask your advice on which receiver I could invest a little bit, I would like to put a maximum of 80€.
    I have been thinking of the MicroADSB USB Receiver v3.1, I won't put any link in the post as I am quite new.

Thanks!

That would be fine but expensive for what it is. I would suggest something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3716436266...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A good set up would be the above, running on a Raspberry Pi 3. With this set up the startup and running costs are low and you could feed 24 hours. You should be able to do this for less then 100 euro.

LP
    T-EGNJ48 Raspberry Pi3, Flightaware yellow stick/filter and Radar-Rama antenna
    Based in North Lincolnshire England

Comment

Right, this might be a better idea.

I was thinking to get the Raspberry PI 3, as most people have them. But, what is it for? I never really understood what it was for ...

Thanks for your reply Lincolnshire Poacher
      Last edited by AcriX; 2016-06-26, 20:41.

Comment

Originally posted by AcriX View Post
        I was thinking to get the Raspberry PI 3, as most people have them. But, what is it for? I never really understood what it was for ...

The RPi is a small, low cost computer. Using suitable software, it can decode the Mode-S messages received on a DVB-T SDR, view aircraft on a local map and, optionally, upload data to flight tracking services.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

For more details follow the link to see how to build your own, its easy, low cost and effective. Much better then leaving a power hungry pc on all the time. https://www.flightradar24.com/build-your-own

LP

Comment

Thank you all!

I might have a look at getting one of this ADS-B Receiver from FlightRadar24 so I can provide coverage and use it, but the problem is, my mom thinks it is dangerous for the health

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am a passionate guy by the aviation for a long time, I have been using FlightRadar24 for quite a long time now on PC and iPhone. I would like to buy a little ADS-B Receiver in door, I can use to provide coverage to FlightRadar24, and to use it on EuroScope.

So I am quite new in this area so I would like to ask your advice on which receiver I could invest a little bit, I would like to put a maximum of 80€.
              I have been thinking of the MicroADSB USB Receiver v3.1, I won't put any link in the post as I am quite new.

Thanks!

Get it from AliExpress.com . They ship to Singapore free of charge. I dont know if they charge for shipment to your country. check it out.

F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Thank you all!

I might have a look at getting one of this ADS-B Receiver from FlightRadar24 so I can provide coverage and use it, but the problem is, my mom thinks it is dangerous for the health
                Don't tell her!!!

Comment

Working...
                X