Flight track colour changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight track colour changes

Could someone clarify please whether the colour changes of the flight track when an aircraft is selected relate to altitude or speed.

I thought it was altitude, then noticed a flight changed from white to yellow during the early part of the takeoff run, suggesting that it is speed.

Using Flightradar24.com on web with Firefox.

Hi Albertd,

When you click on a plane, the path that this particular plane has taken is printed on the map. The colour of the trail behind the plane differs depending on the altitude the aircraft had at that position.

The numbers are in meters. If the plane is below 100 meters in altitude, the trail will be white. If it is above 100 meters, the trail will yellow, then green, then above 2500 meters it will become light blue, then dark blue, purple and for the highest altitude it will be red.

I hope this helps

Originally posted by albertd View Post
    Could someone clarify please whether the colour changes of the flight track when an aircraft is selected relate to altitude or speed.

I thought it was altitude, then noticed a flight changed from white to yellow during the early part of the takeoff run, suggesting that it is speed.

Using Flightradar24.com on web with Firefox.
    Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Thank you for that. Yes, I suspected that to be the case until I was watching UAE9 departing from DXB yesterday and it changed from white to yellow about 400 metres down the runway from the holding point entry. I don't see an A380 getting up to 100m in that distance! Must have been a glitch then.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by albertd; 2016-06-21, 16:19.

Comment

Because FR24 has no QNH settings those altitudes are wrong FR24 displays. Only when QNH=1013 at airport altitude is correct, because ADS-B transmit altitude always on QNH 1013.

Comment

Ah, that is an interesting point. I don't know what the QNH was at OMDB/DXB on Monday, but yesterday it was 997 to 998, which I think would make an error of something like 130 metres, though I can't fathom out which way the error would have gone or the exact figure. So maybe the ground level indicated altitude that day was around 100 metres with actual for Dubai being 19 metres I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelan View Post
            Hi Albertd,

When you click on a plane, the path that this particular plane has taken is printed on the map. The colour of the trail behind the plane differs depending on the altitude the aircraft had at that position.

The numbers are in meters. If the plane is below 100 meters in altitude, the trail will be white. If it is above 100 meters, the trail will yellow, then green, then above 2500 meters it will become light blue, then dark blue, purple and for the highest altitude it will be red.

I hope this helps
            Thanks man i never knew that.
            I don't think i should have one because everyone gets mad when i have one.

Comment

Red

AI 934 from cochin to dubai had red trails twice today

Comment

Working...
              X