Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Binoculars

hi all,

just signed up to forum and im quite new to binoculars, i live on the coast and i like to look out to sea from the beach some times see what ships are out there, also i like looking up to sky for planes from my garden, is there one where you can see the plane numbers or will they go blur as i listen to scanners from my shed use computers for fr24 and ships, i have at moment very old pair tasco super zoom 15x-60x27mm when i zoom everything is blur, i have found theses so far but need advice,

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Nikon Action (10-22x50) Binocular at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2221417738...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT,

Garreth

can any one help please

Comment

The considered advice is to avoid zoom binoculars. And heavy. high magnification "observation" ones.

If you can find them pre-used on eBay, get a pair of Canon Image Stabilised. I have three pairs and the best for general viewing are the 10x30.

What you lose in magnification is more than compensated by the IS.

Ask anyone who owns a pair and they'll agree. Not cheap but worth every penny or cent.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

the 3 i posted they not good enough for what i want to do, not sure i casn afford canon ones currys was selling pair likr 800 quid, from ground, i never see reg number from my garden willi ?

Comment

as they be like 30.000 feet for example

Comment

I'd be surprised if you can read a registration at 30,000 feet with any high powered binoculars or telescope.

I haven't managed it in 60 years but I could be wrong.

And maybe why Mode-S tracking is so popular.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

i knew it might be long shot to read reg from my garden as i not no much bout binns, i tohught with techlnogy theses days you never no speically with the star glazing people

so you still say 10x30 or one thme links i posted using a tripod ?

Comment

You won't read the registration with the Canon IS either.

But for seeing the aircraft more clearly and its markings, I found them far superior to higher magnification non-IS ones.

Find a local shop that will let you try a pair. Then watch out for a used pair on eBay. I managed to get some nearly new ones at less than half the retail price.
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

i dont think i can afford them even on ebay like £300

Comment

again sorry to be a pain really i am,

sorry to be a pain, i know i wont see a planes reg number but with theses two would i be able to see the planes markings on a clear day like markings, i know you mentioned the canon is 10x30 but like i need a 2nd morgatage i think, i use cheap 10x25 at moment but feels still far away?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2221417738...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT,

Comment

Unfortunately the two links don't show a listing.

What you will find helpful are lightweight binoculars with good light transmission ratio, preferably 5:1.

For example 8x40 or 6Xx30. 10x50 tend to be too heavy for sky viewing.

Try and find a good lens, such as Zeiss, Canon, Nikon, Opticron. But I'd stay clear of zooms.

40 years ago I found a second-hand pair of post war German 6x30 that were really good. Light, clear optics and field of view. Easy to hold steady, which brings us back to the benefits of IS.

And if you wear glasses, ones with fold-back eye cups.

Shop by department, purchase cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, cameras, baby items, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

one was a Binoculars - Celestron SkyMaster Pro 15x70 and the other was Helios 15 x 70 observation binoculars

yeah i stay clear of zooms canons are just to much for me

Comment

are theses a good make Celestron 71009 SkyMaster http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014686242...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

Working...
                          X