Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1. Stick: FR24 Feeder ; 2.Stick: SDR on Raspberry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. Stick: FR24 Feeder ; 2.Stick: SDR on Raspberry ?

Hi,

are there any information or tutorial if it is possible to attach a second DVB-T Stick to the RP2+ which will provide SDR data to a client while the other DVB-T stick distributes to the FR24 network?

Best regards

i think is not possible to have two, but you should check which client is and maybe have an installer that used dump1090 to share.

so with the same one you can share to 2,3,4 different places.

for example

fr24
    flightaware
    planefinder
    others...

Comment

Originally posted by geardown View Post
      Hi,

are there any information or tutorial if it is possible to attach a second DVB-T Stick to the RP2+ which will provide SDR data to a client while the other DVB-T stick distributes to the FR24 network?

Best regards
      You manually configure the SDR software using secondary local ports/device locations while the feeder one continues. Stop it and try and do so and you will face conflicts later on restarting feed

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It is possible, but seems unnecessary - as Oblivian says you can just attach a 2nd process to the output from something like dump1090.

I've got two DVB-T dongles on mine, but they are running at different frequencies (1090MHz and 433MHz). I had to use rtl_eeprom to change the serial number on one of the devices from 00000001 to 00000002 using this command:
        Code:
         > rtl_eeprom -d 1 -s 00000002
        I did this so I could identify them separately with udev rules:
        Code:
        SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bda", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2838", ATTRS{serial}=="00000001" GROUP="adm", MODE="0666", SYMLINK+="rtl_sdr1"
        SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bda", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2838", ATTRS{serial}=="00000002" GROUP="adm", MODE="0666", SYMLINK+="rtl_sdr2"
        In theory you could have two dongles both at 1090MHz and then just add the argument to a separate init script for dump1090 for --device-index 1:
        Code:
        PROG="dump1090"
        PROG_PATH="/home/pi/dump1090"
        PROG_ARGS="[B]--device-index 1[/B] --interactive --net --no-fix --net-ro-size 500  --net-ro-rate 5"
        PIDFILE="/var/run/dump1090.pid"
        I'm not sure why you'd need two dongles on the same frequency unless you wanted to attach them to 2 separate antennas?

Comment

Perhaps I didn't explained well what I like to do.

The first Stick should feed FR24 while the second one should be available to the RTL-SDR. Therefore the sticks should receive different frequencies.

Comment

Yes, that's what I've done. You need to adjust the serial number to make them identify differently and then use different apps to talk to them.

Comment

Originally posted by markphelan View Post
              It is possible, but seems unnecessary - as Oblivian says you can just attach a 2nd process to the output from something like dump1090.

I've got two DVB-T dongles on mine, but they are running at different frequencies (1090MHz and 433MHz). I had to use rtl_eeprom to change the serial number on one of the devices from 00000001 to 00000002 using this command:
              Code:
               > rtl_eeprom -d 1 -s 00000002
              I did this so I could identify them separately with udev rules:
              Code:
              SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bda", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2838", ATTRS{serial}=="00000001" GROUP="adm", MODE="0666", SYMLINK+="rtl_sdr1"
              SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bda", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2838", ATTRS{serial}=="00000002" GROUP="adm", MODE="0666", SYMLINK+="rtl_sdr2"
              In theory you could have two dongles both at 1090MHz and then just add the argument to a separate init script for dump1090 for --device-index 1:
              Code:
              PROG="dump1090"
              PROG_PATH="/home/pi/dump1090"
              PROG_ARGS="[B]--device-index 1[/B] --interactive --net --no-fix --net-ro-size 500  --net-ro-rate 5"
              PIDFILE="/var/run/dump1090.pid"
              I'm not sure why you'd need two dongles on the same frequency unless you wanted to attach them to 2 separate antennas?
              May I ask for some more support to get the config working?
              Actually I'm not very firm to the Linux environment and the coding.

I managed to change the serial of one of the sticks. One is now 00000001 and the the other 00000002.
              The FR24 is working very stable when the first stick is attached. If I attached the second stick and execute the RTL-SDR via this code sudo rtl_tcp -a 192.168.178.40 -d 1 -p 1337 the FR24 feeder stops receiving aircraft but the SDR Server ist working.

I assume there is some glitch to the config and the SDR Server is jamming the FR24 feeder due to the configuration. What do I have to change in the FR24 configuration?

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
              X