Thread: ACARS Newbie Help

Passenger

ACARS Newbie Help

I am totally new to ACARS and would like to know what equipment I need to receive ACARS messages from Aircraft. I'm sure some replies will be quite complex and technical but would like to keep things as simple as ABC123. I'd like a simple setup if that's possible?

Thanks in advance to all ...

Super Moderator
    A USB stick or scanner and software like planeolotter, acarsd. Tune to frequency, decode noise. There is guides on rtlsdr

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    I have read that a radio scanner with a discriminator output that's plugged into a PC's Line-In socket together with suitable software will work?

Super Moderator
    Yes, but often via the audio port will do just fine also if volume and squealch tuned correctly

http://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-radio...ta-with-acars/
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    Planeplotter is not free software but you can try limited time for free . project those tiny red triangle on map with nm info etc was fun .

AcarsDeco2 with cheap RTL dongle is very good choice , but you must learn how to adjust RTL ppm correction and gain control first .
    than , simple console command line scrip to send those decode data to Planeplotter .
    T-ZSSS32 F-ZSSS1 force shutdown by local regulation