No announcement yet.

Trial Run Results for Three Types of Whip Antennas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried the cantenna but signal dropped after 10 minutes or so. Can only pick up 59nm using standard antenna, this is such an interesting topic so will be giving it a try later today and see what the effects are.

Comment

which adapter do you have? for me cantenna is the best option even trying another antennas.

Comment

3 EASY ANTENNAS FOR BEGINNERS

Comment

Originally posted by AlejandroM View Post
          which adapter do you have? for me cantenna is the best option even trying another antennas.
          I've got a mcx to F-Type adapter, cut a small amount from my whip and the range went from 59 down to 40nm, putting a normal sized whip back on increased it to 60nm. want to try and get the best range I can.

Comment

Hello, sorry i mean what kind of adapter you have to trace planes.

flightradar blue, yellow, or a normal dvb-t dongle.

Comment

Originally posted by AlejandroM View Post
              Hello, sorry i mean what kind of adapter you have to trace planes.

flightradar blue, yellow, or a normal dvb-t dongle.
              This is NOT called adaptor. It is called RECEIVER.

Comment

It's a normal dvbt+ dongle

Comment

Thank you for your work. I tried today to increase my range and it worked out for me. Before cutting I got avg 59nm of range. Now its over 100nm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mephisto View Post
                    Thank you for your work. I tried today to increase my range and it worked out for me. Before cutting I got avg 59nm of range. Now its over 100nm.
                    In addition to cutting the whip to optimum length, there is another step for improvement: Place the mag-mount antenna over a metallic surface.

The 1 inch (25 mm) dia magnetic base does not provide sufficient ground plane. By placing it over a metallic surface, it gets larger ground plane and it's performance further improves.

An additional advantage of food-can is that as most of the food-cans are made of iron/steel, the magnet in base of the whip will cling to it, and keep antenna in stable vertical position.

Optimized Whip on Plate.jpg

Optimized Whip Steel Tie Wire-590x640.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post

In addition to cutting the whip to optimum length, there is another step for improvement: Place the mag-mount antenna over a metallic surface.
                      Followed this hint already as I put the antenna (which is a soldered piece of power wire) on a metal flowerpot. Seems to work properly. Getting nearly 80-85% of my maximum reach already. The antenna is in the attic.
                      IMG_2267.jpg
                      Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-20 um 09.25.30.png

Comment

Working...
                      X