Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Out of date Airways and waipoints

  1. #1
    Passenger everton_cwb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    F-SBSP1 - So Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    11

    Lightbulb Out of date Airways and waipoints

    Hi!

    I have just found out the new layer with airways and waypoints. Great update, it proves that FR24 is the best aircraft tracking website. But all the data is very out of date. I mean, there's updated data, but there are a lot of very very old waypoints and Airways that were cancelled 10 years ago or so, at least over here, in Brazilian airspace.

    I'm pretty sure that FR24 can buy quality data from other sources, like Jeppesen or Arinc.

  2. #2
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by everton_cwb View Post
    Hi!

    I have just found out the new layer with airways and waypoints. Great update, it proves that FR24 is the best aircraft tracking website. But all the data is very out of date. I mean, there's updated data, but there are a lot of very very old waypoints and Airways that were cancelled 10 years ago or so, at least over here, in Brazilian airspace.

    I'm pretty sure that FR24 can buy quality data from other sources, like Jeppesen or Arinc.


    Yes, I found a lot of waypoints and airways that werent used for more than 10 years! Please, reload a new databse!

  3. #3
    Team FR24 Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,110
    The data should be latest April ARINC 424 update. Can you give examples of old data?

  4. #4
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The data should be latest April ARINC 424 update. Can you give examples of old data?
    Mike,

    If you open the link above, you can see less airways than on FR24 screen.


    http://static.aisweb.decea.gov.br/ca...4352&CFTOKEN=0

    You can see SBXP Terminal area in So Paulo, Brazil, with a lot of 4 letters waypoints that were changed to 5 letters.

    Per example: APIT, DADY, ARFA, TIPO, RICA, NOEL, GURU, BURI, GALE, RAFA, PLUS, NEON, IVAN, TIPO and others.

    You can check my words on this link below.

    http://www.aisweb.aer.mil.br/?i=cartas&filtro=1&nova=1

    All the best,

    Dani

  5. #5
    Passenger everton_cwb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    F-SBSP1 - So Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    11

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The data should be latest April ARINC 424 update. Can you give examples of old data?
    It's impossible to enumerate all of them. There are a LOT of erros.
    Near So Paulo (SBSP and SBGR), all, or almost all 4 letter waypoints, all airways starting with letter B and H, some NDBs like EMB and TPV were decomissioned/cancelled a long long time ago (at least 5 years, but I believe its much more time)... I think you should not even try to correct, it will be a looot of work. Have FR paid for these data? I would not use that even on my Flight Simulator
    Last edited by everton_cwb; 2016-05-24 at 18:26.

  6. #6
    Team FR24 Olov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by everton_cwb View Post
    It's impossible to enumerate all of them. There are a LOT of erros.
    Near So Paulo (SBSP and SBGR), all, or almost all 4 letter waypoints, all airways starting with letter B and H, some NDBs like EMB and TPV were decomissioned/cancelled a long long time ago (at least 5 years, but I believe its much more time)... I think you should not even try to correct, it will be a looot of work. Have FR paid for these data? I would not use that even on my Flight Simulator
    Thank you for reporting!

    We made some changes to the aeronautical charts yesterday, no change to waypoints (yet) though...

  7. #7
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13
    Olov,

    Are you thinking to use Inmmarsat datas decoded from Jaero software on FR24?

    Thanks for changes!


    Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3
    Mike or Olov,
    Have you made the update of waypoints? In France several waypoints have changed.
    Thanks

  9. #9
    Team FR24 Gaelan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    152
    Hi Nicolele33,

    All waypoints should be up to date, are you able to provide some information about the incorrect points you're referring to?

    Thanks in advance!

    Regards,
    Gaelan


    Quote Originally Posted by nicolele33 View Post
    Mike or Olov,
    Have you made the update of waypoints? In France several waypoints have changed.
    Thanks
    Flightradar24.com Support

    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

    Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

  10. #10
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3
    For example in Chambery area (near Geneva) VIRIE, GONIX, KOKAX, LOPTO, NIMEX and REVPA were replaced by new waypoints : PIRUV, GOVNA, RILTI .....
    In Lyon Area BEKRI, RIPTU and EKNOS aren't shown in the waypoints layer.
    Also BADOR waypoint doesn't exist in Lyon area.
    If you need I can send you a chart.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •