Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of date Airways and waipoints

Hi!

I have just found out the new layer with airways and waypoints. Great update, it proves that FR24 is the best aircraft tracking website. But all the data is very out of date. I mean, there's updated data, but there are a lot of very very old waypoints and Airways that were cancelled 10 years ago or so, at least over here, in Brazilian airspace.

I'm pretty sure that FR24 can buy quality data from other sources, like Jeppesen or Arinc.

Originally posted by everton_cwb View Post
    Hi!

I have just found out the new layer with airways and waypoints. Great update, it proves that FR24 is the best aircraft tracking website. But all the data is very out of date. I mean, there's updated data, but there are a lot of very very old waypoints and Airways that were cancelled 10 years ago or so, at least over here, in Brazilian airspace.

I'm pretty sure that FR24 can buy quality data from other sources, like Jeppesen or Arinc.

Yes, I found a lot of waypoints and airways that weren´t used for more than 10 years! Please, reload a new databse!

Comment

The data should be latest April ARINC 424 update. Can you give examples of old data?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        The data should be latest April ARINC 424 update. Can you give examples of old data?
        Mike,

If you open the link above, you can see less airways than on FR24 screen.

You can see SBXP Terminal area in Săo Paulo, Brazil, with a lot of 4 letters waypoints that were changed to 5 letters.

Per example: APIT, DADY, ARFA, TIPO, RICA, NOEL, GURU, BURI, GALE, RAFA, PLUS, NEON, IVAN, TIPO and others.

You can check my words on this link below.

All the best,

Dani

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          It's impossible to enumerate all of them. There are a LOT of erros.
          Near Săo Paulo (SBSP and SBGR), all, or almost all 4 letter waypoints, all airways starting with letter B and H, some NDBs like EMB and TPV were decomissioned/cancelled a long long time ago (at least 5 years, but I believe it´s much more time)... I think you should not even try to correct, it will be a looot of work. Have FR paid for these data? I would not use that even on my Flight Simulator
          Last edited by everton_cwb; 2016-05-24, 18:26.

Comment

Originally posted by everton_cwb View Post
            It's impossible to enumerate all of them. There are a LOT of erros.
            Near Săo Paulo (SBSP and SBGR), all, or almost all 4 letter waypoints, all airways starting with letter B and H, some NDBs like EMB and TPV were decomissioned/cancelled a long long time ago (at least 5 years, but I believe it´s much more time)... I think you should not even try to correct, it will be a looot of work. Have FR paid for these data? I would not use that even on my Flight Simulator
            Thank you for reporting!

We made some changes to the aeronautical charts yesterday, no change to waypoints (yet) though...

Comment

Olov,

Are you thinking to use Inmmarsat datas decoded from Jaero software on FR24?

Thanks for changes!

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

Comment

Mike or Olov,
                Have you made the update of waypoints? In France several waypoints have changed.
                Thanks

Comment

Hi Nicolele33,

All waypoints should be up to date, are you able to provide some information about the incorrect points you're referring to?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
                  Gaelan

Originally posted by nicolele33 View Post
                  Mike or Olov,
                  Have you made the update of waypoints? In France several waypoints have changed.
                  Thanks
                  Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

For example in Chambery area (near Geneva) VIRIE, GONIX, KOKAX, LOPTO, NIMEX and REVPA were replaced by new waypoints : PIRUV, GOVNA, RILTI .....
                    In Lyon Area BEKRI, RIPTU and EKNOS aren't shown in the waypoints layer.
                    Also BADOR waypoint doesn't exist in Lyon area.
                    If you need I can send you a chart.

Comment

Hi Nicolele33,

Thanks for providing this information, when looking at the Chambery area, I was able to see the new waypoints PIRUV, GOVNA and RILTI when viewing "High altitude", as seen in the below screen shot:

HighWaypoints.jpg

When looking at the latest High and Low charts from Eurocontrol (http://www.eurocontrol.int/articles/...nal-charts-erc) I was unable to see "BEKRI, RIPTU and EKNOS", and I was unable to locate "BADOR" on Flightradar24 or Eurocontrol. Are you able to provide some further information about these missing points?

Cheers,
                      Gaelan

Originally posted by nicolele33 View Post
                      For example in Chambery area (near Geneva) VIRIE, GONIX, KOKAX, LOPTO, NIMEX and REVPA were replaced by new waypoints : PIRUV, GOVNA, RILTI .....
                      In Lyon Area BEKRI, RIPTU and EKNOS aren't shown in the waypoints layer.
                      Also BADOR waypoint doesn't exist in Lyon area.
                      If you need I can send you a chart.
                      Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Hi Gaelan,
                        To be more precise PIRUV, GOVNA, KENZO, LUVOB, NAZIM, BANEK, BAGAP, and OSRIM are WPT used for SID or STAR, they have to be in lower altitude viewing.
                        WPt in lower altitude viewing VIRIE, GONIX, LOPTO, NIMEX, KOKAX, OTKOL, LB700, LB701 and L1 doesn't exist anymore.
                        Please find attached a chart of Chambery airspace found in French AIP:
                        Chambery area.jpg
                        Their coordinates can be found in French AIP Section ENR 4.3 (I can't provide you a link)
                        BADOR was removed since I contact you.
                        To my point of view waypoint used for SID/STAR or APCH have to be only in the lower altitude viewing not in "high" one.

Thanks for taking in account my remarks.
                        Regards

Nicolas

Comment

Working...
                        X