Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeding MLAT to FR24 on a PiAware install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding MLAT to FR24 on a PiAware install?

Hi guys, I have a Pi 2 running PiAware and FR24Feed simultaneously. I installed FR24Feed after PiAware was already running. FR24feed is connected to dump1090 port 30002 - TCP/IP - type BeastAVR. However I don't think the MLAT data is being fed to FR24. I know FlightAware is receiving MLAT from me because I can see it on my FlightAware stats page.

How can I send MLAT data to both FlightAware and FR24feed, using the dump1090 installed with PiAware?

It will be if its enabled and you followed the wizard correctly

Check the http://yourpisIP:8754 staus pages

However you wont get feedback like FA from the server to display locally.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks - I did use the wizard originally to set it up. I checked the tracked aircraft list at mypi:8754 and I do see a few entries there without positions - just Callsign, Altitude and Squawk. I assume that means it is feeding position-less data for MLAT calculations?

My status variables are as follows:

ac_map_size="1600"
      build_arch="armv6l"
      build_flavour="generic"
      build_os="Linux"
      build_revision="master-5bbce8d.git"
      build_timetamp="20150120-1045"
      build_version="1.0.11-3"
      cfg_baudrate=""
      cfg_bs="no"
      cfg_host="localhost:30002"
      cfg_mpx="no"
      cfg_path=""
      cfg_raw="no"
      cfg_receiver="avr-tcp"
      cfg_windowmode="0"
      d11_map_size="6"
      feed_alias=(mysitecode)
      feed_current_mode="UDP"
      feed_current_server="83.140.21.112"
      feed_last_ac_sent_num="1"
      feed_last_ac_sent_time="1463692219"
      feed_last_attempt_time="1463681367"
      feed_last_config_attempt="1463521708"
      feed_last_config_info=""
      feed_last_config_result="success"
      feed_last_connected_time="1463681369"
      feed_last_disconnected_time="1463681358"
      feed_num_ac_tracked="2"
      feed_status="connected"
      feed_status_message=""
      fr24key=(myfr24key)
      last_json_utc="1463692168"
      last_rx_connect_status="OK"
      last_rx_connect_time="1463559716"
      last_rx_connect_time_s="2016-05-18 08:21:56"
      msg_ring_full="0"
      msg_ring_length="0"
      num_messages="975203"
      num_resyncs="0"
      rx_connected="1"
      shutdown="no"
      time_update_utc="1463692204"
      time_update_utc_s="2016-05-19 21:10:04"
      timing_is_valid="1"
      timing_last_drift="+0.0016"
      timing_last_offset="+0.0014"
      timing_last_result="success"
      timing_time_last_attempt="1463692166"
      timing_time_last_success="1463692166"
      timing_time_since_last_success="603"

Comment

Hrm. Along with tracked and non tracked counts it should also have on the initial screen a 'Mlat: OK" or similar looking thing.

Have a splat at screenshot (and also check config page to ensure MLAT yes flagged)
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

You need to update the version of FR24 installed on your Pi. It appears as though you have the older version which doesn't support MLAT.
          --

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post
            You need to update the version of FR24 installed on your Pi. It appears as though you have the older version which doesn't support MLAT.
            Thank you! I thought I was up-to-date, but I re-ran the installation script and it seems to be working now. I can see MLAT results if I query "service fr24feed status" I see:

FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].

Comment

This thread has me completely confused. Is there a condoned FlightRadar24 path for Flightaware to feed MLAT data to FR24 servers?
              I thought that was against the terms of use of feeding to FR24. i.e. the data is supposed to come from your specific terrestrial ADS-B receiver and not derived from some other source.

-confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
                This thread has me completely confused. Is there a condoned FlightRadar24 path for Flightaware to feed MLAT data to FR24 servers?
                I thought that was against the terms of use of feeding to FR24. i.e. the data is supposed to come from your specific terrestrial ADS-B receiver and not derived from some other source.

-confused.
                *sigh* no. They are completely different. Always are, always will be. And no this wont cause your horridly OCD repeating 'leak' ideas before you even go down that path. Ignore and move on if you already have a running feed.

'Piaware' is a pre built linux image with the FA upload software built in.
                Just the same as FlightRadars "FR24Pi Image"

Both are just linux, bundled and ready to run the software instead of needing to manually configure to do so

Pick one, the other still needs to be manually installed

Both work together, both use Dump1090 as core application, both installers are aware of a running instance of the other and configure accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                X