Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filter My Radar - Never seen any aircraft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filter My Radar - Never seen any aircraft.

Hi, I have been submitting data for several weeks now, just this weekend I have raised my antenna to the highest point above my home, my plan is to go even higher.

I have filtered my radar on the website but have never seen anything tracked by my radar, is there anything I can do to improve the chances of it being shown? I live in central UK so is there simply too many people contributing locally? and my tracking is approximately 157nm (based on the stats on my account page), Millions of messages per day.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Short answer, yes. Targeting to see your name in lights is fruitless these days. Better to forget and use local coverage views

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hi!

Sorry for reactivating this thread but I thought better than starting a new one.

I do have the same problem than NiPsTeR. If I enter my radar name in the filter on the homepage I do not see any A/C.
      I am new at feeding but it is 3 days now and no data schown. Is this feature inop?
      Best,

Izze
      (Stefan)

T-EDLN79

Comment

Originally posted by Izze View Post
        Hi!

Sorry for reactivating this thread but I thought better than starting a new one.

I do have the same problem than NiPsTeR. If I enter my radar name in the filter on the homepage I do not see any A/C.
        I am new at feeding but it is 3 days now and no data schown. Is this feature inop?
        Stefan,

Moin.

The feature to which you refer isn't inoperable. Going by your radar id it would seem you may well have a lot of receivers in your area. I'm not familiar with your software or hardware obviously but if you want to see the aircraft you're uploading to FR24 there are several ways to do so. Firstly within FR24 there is Radarview and secondly there is external software available by way of VRS (Virtual Radar Server). There may be others as well with which I'm not familiar (Planeplotter is one that comes to mind but I've not used it).

Don't worry if you don't see anything on FR24 as there are a number of things influencing this. On occasions I might see my own radar on FR24 anywhere from nil to upwards of 50% of what I'm uploading or anywhere in between. Occasionally it may be even greater than these figures. It can depend on time of day (or night) or how many guys might be uploading at any given time or the internal workings of FR24's system for selecting aircraft to display on the map. It can vary markedly from minute to minute.

Just because you have the id '79' doesn't mean there are 78 other guys (or gals) uploading from your locality. Some drop off altogether, others have breaks and/or holidays so your contribution is important and the lack of hits from your receiver may well be short term. I use the 'kiss' principle in regard to this issue and the issue of my receiver range- 'keep it simple stupid' and just continue uploading and enjoy it.

Regards,
        Gregg
        Last edited by fungus; 2017-11-02, 03:44. Reason: additional info and comment
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Gregg,

thank you very much for your explenation.
          I thought, I can always see (maybe as a service from FR24) just my datas, my A/C I am uploading.
          Missunderstood this.

Thx again! :-)
          Best,

Izze
          (Stefan)

T-EDLN79

Comment

Stefan,

As I pointed out you can see your own aircraft by selecting 'Radarview' (top right of map) as your map view and making a few selections so it's individualised just the way you like it. I've managed it so it's not that difficult to do.

Regards,
            Gregg
            Last edited by fungus; 2017-11-02, 05:57.
            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

I will try that, thx!
              Best,

Izze
              (Stefan)

T-EDLN79

Comment

Working...
              X