No announcement yet.

How to Install dump1090-mutability on RPi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought that you wanted me to show again the output after the both commands you gave to me: "sudo rm /etc/lighttpd/conf-enabled/*cgi*;sudo systemctl restart lighttpd"
    ipaddress/dump1090-fa/ is working!

Thank you

Comment

• Great that (hopefully everything) is working.

Comment

• Thank you again!

Comment

• I have followed the installation description and modifications on the first page. Somehow it seems to have everything been fine, and the Raspi is feeding to the various sites, but when I browse locally to the IP-address/dump1090/gmap.html I just get an eternal waiting symbol.

dump1090.png

I have tried to undo the changes by copying back the original files but even then it didn't work. How can I trace the error to get this page working?

Comment

• First try refreshing the browser cache with Ctlr-F5 or just delete the browser cache.

If that doesn't help, i would recommend using this:
            Solutions to common problems for rtl_sdr / ADS-B stuff - wiedehopf/adsb-scripts

It provides the same old 1.15 interface plus a new one. It works in 99.9% of cases.

Otherwise you can show the result of these commands:

ls /etc/lighttpd/conf-enabled
            cat /etc/os-release | grep PRETTY

pgrep -a dump1090
            sudo journalctl -u lighttpd --no-pager

ls /run/dump1090-mutability/aircraft.json -l

Those should tell me where the problem is.

Comment

• Awesome, thank you very much. I had tried the clear cache and CTRL-F5 but that didn't help.

Your github link worked perfectly. Now both interfaces are up and work smooth. Thank you very much.

Comment

• Iám trying to install the gain page from abcd567 said: 2016-07-01 08:49
                Pi runs Buster lite
                PHP7.3 installs fine
                After the reboot the page pi-ip/dump1090/gain.php gives me error 403-forbidden

Comment

• Hi guys.
                  Sorry for bothering you but Iīve just made a new installation on Armbian Buster of Dumo1090-mutability (v1.15) and FR24feeder.
                  Both of them do work but while FR24feed is automatically started at boot Dump1090-mutability IS NOT!

This happens despite I specified the option "Start at Boot="yes" into: /etc/default/dump1090-mutability

Nevetheless I can manually start Dump1090-mutability and I can see the infinite scroll of aircrafts and see my ONLINE & Feeding state n FR24.
                  Any suggestion ?

Thanks
                  Mark
                  Orange Pi PC Plus + NooElec NESDR SMArt + homemade 6 ele CoCo

Comment

• Don't feel like debugging that, maybe someone else can help you.

Or use this, it just works: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-sc...for-dump1090fa

Comment

• perseus68

You must first reboot to reset the system

Code:
                      sudo reboot
                      After reboot, do NOT start dump1090-mutability manually. Instead issue following command and post output
                      Code:
                      sudo systemctl status dump1090-mutability
                      Also post output of following command
                      Code:
                      cat /etc/fr24feed.ini

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                        perseus68

You must first reboot to reset the system

Code:
                        sudo reboot
                        After reboot, do NOT start dump1090-mutability manually. Instead issue following command and post output
                        Code:
                        Also post output of following command
                        Code:
                        cat /etc/fr24feed.ini

Hi Captain

Well, I rebooted so many times now

* dump1090-mutability.service - LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant)
                        Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability; generated)
                        Active: active (exited) since Thu 2019-09-26 21:57:40 UTC; 8min ago
                        Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
                        Process: 1344 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Sep 26 21:57:38 orangepi systemd[1]: Starting LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant)...
                        Sep 26 21:57:40 orangepi systemd[1]: Started LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant).

As you can see it say "exited" and not "running" as fr24feed does.

cat /etc/fr24feed.ini
                        receiver="beast-tcp"
                        fr24key="XXXXXXX"
                        path=/usr/lib/fr24/dump1090"
                        host="127.0.0.1:30005"
                        bs="no"
                        raw="no"
                        logmode="0"
                        procargs="--net --gain 46 --fix"
                        windowmode="0"
                        logpath="/var/log/fr24feed"
                        mpx="no"
                        mlat="yes"
                        mlat-without-gps="yes"

And about the path, "dump1090" is a symbolik link:
                        dump1090 -> /usr/bin/dump1090-mutability

where the binary is.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                          Don't feel like debugging that, maybe someone else can help you.

Or use this, it just works: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-sc...for-dump1090fa
                          Thanks wiedehopf. That was my second choice. Letīs see if I can fix it in a reasonable amount of time

Comment

• (1) seems some file got corrupted during installation process. Please purge dump1090-mutability by following commands, then reinstall.
                            Note:
                            Which method you used to install dump1090 (method-1 prebuilt package, or method-2 built from source code)?

The pre-built package is built for Raspbian on Raspberry Pi. You have Armbian on Orange Pi.
                            Code:
                            sudo dpkg --purge dump1090-mutability
                            sudo rm -rf /usr/share/dump1090-mutability
                            (2) Delete following lines:

path="/usr/lib/fr24/dump1090"

Above two lines are for fr24feed's builtin dump1090 ver 1.14, which you are not using. These have no effect whatsoever on ver 1.15~dev installed independently.

The correct path to the binary "/usr/bin/dump1090-mutability" is specified in the file "dump1090-mutability.service" . You dont have to specify it anywhere. It is the service file which starts dump1090-mutability ver 1.15 at boot.
                            Last edited by abcd567; 2019-09-26, 23:40.

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                              (1) seems some file got corrupted during installation process. Please purge dump1090-mutability by following commands, then reinstall.
                              Note:
                              Which method you use to install dump1090(method-1 prebuilt package or method-2 built from source code)?

The pre-built package is built for Raspbian on Raspberry Pi. You have Armbian on Orange Pi.
                              Code:
                              sudo dpkg --purge dump1090-mutability
                              sudo rm -rf /usr/share/dump1090-mutability
                              (2) Delete following lines:

path="/usr/lib/fr24/dump1090"

Above two lines are for fr24feed's builtin dump1090 ver 1.14, which you are not using. These have no effect whatsoever on ver 1.15~dev installed independently.

The correct path to the binary "/usr/bin/dump1090-mutability" is specified in the file "dump1090-mutability.service" . You dont have to specify it anywhere. It is the service file which starts dump1090-mutability ver 1.15 at boot.
                              Thanks abcd567 & wiedehopf

Finally I purged tha installation of Dump1090-mutability and decided to give a try to Dump1090-fa.
                              I used the automatic script as indicated by wiedehopf and it worked at the first attempt.

So cool!

Iīm back to feeding.
                              Next step will be install some nice performance graphs

Cheers
                              Mark
                              Last edited by perseus68; 2019-09-30, 07:13.

Comment

• perseus68

Glad to know your problem is solved by installing dump1090-fa.

You have made a wise decision to install wiedehopf's graphs. These graphs are very useful tool.

Comment

Working...
                                X