Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE

Posted Yesterday 14.10.2018:
    How-to Add "Received Signal Strength Indicator" (RSSI) Column in Aircraft Table of dump1090-mutability.
    Post #10 on Page #1

Posted Last Week 10.10.2018:
    READ & SET GAIN FROM BROWSER / DUMP1090 MAP
    Post #7 on Page #1

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
      UPDATE

How-to Add "Received Signal Strength Indicator" (RSSI) Column in Aircraft Table of dump1090-mutability.
      Post #10 on Page #1

Posted Last Week 10.10.2018:
      READ & SET GAIN FROM BROWSER / DUMP1090 MAP
      Post #7 on Page #1

Hi Thanks for this help I did a fresh reinstall and it's all working, @ylis I used the raspian stretch image from the raspberry pi foundation this time, I dont get the ADSB receiver project page or the PiAware local page (http://ipofmypi:8080/)

Only issue I had was piaware didnt apply my existing key, I followed this link: https://discussions.flightaware.com/...17-07-16/19811

sudo piaware-config feeder-id mypiawarehexid

after restarting then I was refeeding there

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post

The function to sort on column header click is missing. Add this to line 848 of script.js:

Code:
        function sortByRSSI()  { sortBy('rssi', compareNumeric,   function(x) { return x.rssi; }); }

Comment

Originally posted by thutson View Post
          The function to sort on column header click is missing. Add this to line 848 of script.js:

Code:
          function sortByRSSI()  { sortBy('rssi', compareNumeric,   function(x) { return x.rssi; }); }
          Thanks lot thutson. I have missed your post earlier. Saw it just now and added sort function STEP-2, item 2.3

Comment

Scroggie

Yes, it can be done in following two ways. You have done it by method (b).

(a) sudo dpkg-reconfigure dump1090-mutability
            (b) sudo nano etc/default/dump1090-mutability

It is given in STEP (7) of first post

STEP (7): DUMP1090-MUTABILITY POST INSTALLATION CONFIGURATION

Code:
            sudo dpkg-reconfigure dump1090-mutability
            For most settings, accept default settings by pressing "Enter".
            For following settings, enter values as shown:
            (a) RTL-SDR dongle to use: 0
            (b) Your receiver's Latitude (in decimal format): xx.xxxx
            (c) Your receiver's Longitude (in decimal format): yy.yyyy
            (d) Interface address to bind to (blank for all interfaces): remove default 127.0.0.1 and leave blank.

For advance users: Alternatively, you can change the settings by editing the configuration file shown below:

Code:
            sudo nano /etc/default/dump1090-mutability 
            #after making changes, save file (Ctrl+o) and exit (Ctrl+x) 
            #restart dump1090-mutability sudo /etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability restart 
            #alternative command to restart dump1090-mutability sudo service dump1090-mutability restart

Comment

Thanks to the OP for the wealth of info in this thread! I’ve successfully built my first RPi receiver from source, and it’s feeding properly to FR. However, I want to install this dev version to play around with the web server. Is there an “easy” way to install the dump1090-mutability without disrupting my existing FR feed? Or is it faster/easier to just start from scratch with a fresh image of Raspian? It looks do-able to my intermediately skilled brain, but I haven’t quite wrapped my head around the conflicts that could arise from re-installing dump1090 while I already have the FR24feed up and running.

Again, thanks to the OP for helping all us newbies out. Very fun hobby.

Comment

aesoprrp
                1. The very first thing you should do is to reconfigure the FR24 Feeder on the page http://<IP of RPi>:8754/settings.html.

The "Receiver" setting should be "ModeS Beast(TCP)". Do NOT use Receiver "DVB-T Stick (default)"
                  The "Host/IP" should be "127.0.0.1:30005"

Please see screenshot below.
                  After changing settings, dont forget to click "Save" button, then "Restart" button.
                  Both these buttons are at bottom-right of the settings page.

FR24 Settings.png

2. Uninstall existing dump1090-mutability ver 1.14 which was installed by FR24FEED
                  Code:
                  sudo apt-get purge dump1090-mutability

sudo rm -rf  /usr/share/dump1090-mutability
                3. Install dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev as per procedure in the first post of this thread.

4. Reboot Pi

5. ENJOY
                Last edited by abcd567; 2019-01-08, 17:37.

Comment

Originally posted by aesoprrp
                  And just to make sure I'm understanding what's going on here... Both FR24feed and dump1090 need to decode the raw data, but only one program can access the SDR at a time. So dump1090 does the initial decoding, but passes the data along to the local port (30005). Then, FR24feed listens on the local address on that port, and it finds the data from dump1090. So it decodes it and sends it along to the FR24 servers. Is that a good estimation of what's happening here?
                  Basically that's correct, but for the technical details:

dump1090 listens on port 30005
                  fr24feed connects to port 30005
                  (other feeders like planefinder or flightaware could also connect to this port if you would want to feed other platforms)

dump1090 does the actual decoding from the waveform / signal it gets from the dongle.
                  This yields messages 56 bits or 112 bits long, which in turn can be interpreted.

dump1090 and the feeder programs both do their own interpretation of those messages.

dump1090 based on that information provides plane positions and so on via the local map.
                  fr24feed reduces the amount of data and only sends data when something changes and probably only every 5 seconds minimum.
                  (Also details on some planes are not transmitted at all when they are tracked by many receivers already, all done to save bandwidth)

Comment

Setting: Receiver = DVB-T

Setting: Receiver = AVR (TCP) or Beast (TCP)

Comment

@wiedehopf

When "receiver=dvbt" is set in "/etc/fr24feed.ini", the fr24feed runs script "install_dump1090.sh", which installs:
                      • librtlsdr0
                      • libusb-1.0-0
                      • dirmngr
                      • lighttpd
                      • wget
                      • dump1090-mutability ver 1.14

Please see below for details:

Code:
                      pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls /usr/lib/fr24
                      create_missing_directories.sh  install_dump1090.sh
                      dump1090                       public_html
                      dump_diagnostics.sh            unregister_kernel_modules.sh
                      fr24feed_updater.sh

Code:
                      pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /usr/lib/fr24/install_dump1090.sh

#!/bin/bash

# Stop on first error
                      set -e

LOGFILE=/var/log/fr24feed_install_dump1090.log
                      exec > >(tee -a $LOGFILE)
                      exec 2>&1

if grep -q "^receiver.*dvbt" /etc/fr24feed.ini && [ ! -e /usr/lib/fr24/dump1090 ] ; then
                          echo "dump1090 is not found, downloading dump1090-mutability..."

# to skip any questions from APT
                          export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive

echo 'dump1090-mutability dump1090-mutability/auto-start boolean false' | debconf-set-selections -v

apt-get update -y
                          apt-get -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confold" [COLOR="#FF0000"]install librtlsdr0 libusb-1.0-0 dirmngr [b]lighttpd[/b] wget -y[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"]# Download and install dump1090-mutability[/COLOR]
                          wget -O /tmp/dump1090-mutability_1.14_armhf.deb https://github.com/mutability/dump1090/releases/download/v1.14/dump1090-mutability_1.14_armhf.deb
                          dpkg -i /tmp/dump1090-mutability_1.14_armhf.deb
                          rm -f /tmp/dump1090-mutability_1.14_armhf.deb

ln -s /usr/bin/dump1090-mutability /usr/lib/fr24/dump1090

lighty-enable-mod dump1090 || true
                          service lighttpd force-reload || true
                          systemctl enable lighttpd || true
                          systemctl start lighttpd || true

echo "dump1090-mutability is installed. You can always override it in /etc/fr24feed.ini with any other supported driver."
                          echo "Web server (aircraft map) at http://YOUR_DEVICE_IP/dump1090 is enabled by default."
                      fi

Just now I wrote Raspbian Lite to microSD card, and first thing I did was to install fr24feed by bash script, and during configuration chose "Receiver : DVB-T".
                      This is the dump1090-mutability ver 1.14 map:

dump1090-mut ver 1.14.png

Comment

Originally posted by JPZone
                        Ahh thats probably because I have a DVBT Sick as my receiver.
                        OK do this:

STEP-1
                        Open file fr24feed.ini for editing
                        Code:
                        sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini
                        In the file opened, make changes as shown in red below:
                        Also dont leave fr24key blank. Insert its actual value (I have inserted below xxxxxxxxx as an example)

Code:
                        receiver=[COLOR="#FF0000"]"beast-tcp"[/COLOR]
                        fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
                        host="127.0.0.1:[COLOR="#FF0000"]30005[/COLOR]"
                        bs="no"
                        raw="no"
                        logmode="0"
                        windowmode="0"
                        logpath="/var/log/fr24feed"
                        mpx="no"
                        mlat="no"
                        mlat-without-gps="no"
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]use-http="yes"[/COLOR]
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]http-timeout="10"[/COLOR]
                        Save flie (Ctrl+o) and Close (Ctrl+x)

STEP-2

Purge out the dump1090-mut ver 1.14 (which has google map)

Code:
                        sudo dpkg --purge dump1090-mutability

sudo rm -rf /usr/share/dump1090-mutability

sudo reboot
                        STEP-3
                        install dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev according to instructions in first post of this thread.

You will not have to install fr24feed again as it is already existing.
                        You dont have to configure fr24feed, as you have already done it in STEP-1.

Comment

speedycab

The browser is showing the old cached map.

(1) Clear browser cache by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete keys simoultaneously, then hit Enter key

(2) Reload browser by simultaneusly pressing Ctrl+F5 keys.

(3) Sometimes browsers are very stubborn and will not let go old cached content. Try steps (1) and (2) several times.

(4) If items (1), (2), and (3) do not solve the problem, try another browser. For example if you are using Firefox, try Google Chrome and Safari.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf
                            There is a dongle on sale right now for around 14 euros with shipping sold by airnav/radarbox24 in their store.

It seems to have SAW filter first and then a LNA basically the reverse setup the pro stick plus has.
                            This is what I have suggested to Flightaware in May 2016, shortly after they have release ProStick (orange color) but BEFORE they announced ProStick PLUS (blue color):

(1) Add a SAW filter in ProStick
                            (2) Location of this SAW filter to be between input sma connector and LNA.

Suggestion to Flightaware: Built in Filter in Pro Stick

Last edited by abcd567; 2019-02-03, 13:48.

Comment

The FlightAware's new filter is particularly useful for countries where mobile/cell phones use GSM900.

The original FlightAware Filter cannot eliminate signals in this band, but the new version has a narrower pass-band, and can eliminate signals in this band also.

New filter available in Europe:
                              ModMyPi and Moonraker

GSM-900:
                              This band of frequencies is used for mobile/cell phones in most parts of the world (ITU-Regions 1 and 3): Africa, Europe, Middle East, Asia (apart from Japan and South Korea where GSM has never been introduced) and Oceania.

GSM-900 uses 890 - 915 MHz to send information from the Mobile Phones to the Station on Mobile Tower (uplink), and 935 - 960 MHz for the other direction (downlink),

GSM-850 (also known as GSM-800):
                              This band of frequencies is used for mobile/cell phones in most of North, South and Central America (ITU-Region 2)

GSM-850 uses 824 - 849 MHz to send information from the Cell Phone to the Station on Mobile Tower (uplink) and 869 - 894 MHz for the other direction (downlink).

Comment

Hello everybody! I would just like to say Thank You to abcd567! I have followed the initial guide of this thread and I am so happy, I now have a working dump1090-mutability AND FR24 feed! I have just completed installation & config and during installation of FR24 the running dump1090 was recognized;
                                We have detected that you already have a dump1090 instance running. We can therefore automatically configure the FR24 feeder to use the existing receiver configuration, or you can manually configure all the parameters.
                                I chose autoconfigure and voila - it works! My DVB-dongle was configured as avr-tcp with no extra process arguments that I can see in 8754 settings.
                                Now I will try to add RB24 or FA, maybe OpenSky, any of which can give me a good view of "my" station. A better antenna will arrive next week, and also the cheap RB24 FlightStick is ordered.

Thanks!

/Hans
                                Last edited by hansp; 2019-04-14, 14:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X