Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

Scroggie
    Glad to know you succeeded.
    That thread is not easily visible as it is not sticky and therefore does not stay on first page (it is currently on page #4).

It moves to page #1 temporarily when someone makes a post there, then gradually moves to pages 2, 3, 4, . . . etc with passage of time.

Quote Originally Posted by thutson View Post
    The function to sort on column header click is missing. Add this to line 848 of script.js:

Code:
    function sortByRSSI()  { sortBy('rssi', compareNumeric,   function(x) { return x.rssi; }); }
    Thanks lot thutson. I have missed your post earlier. Saw it just now and added sort function STEP-2, item 2.3

Passenger
    hi abcd567,
    this is a really great manual how to handle dump!

I am not very familliar
    with raspberrian repositions
    so my question:
    May I install your step by step
    method dump1090 on to my very
    good working raspberry Pi3 gqrx application ?
    Rtl-sdr is already installed and in use?
    Thx for assistance

Best. regards
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by raspiquax View Post
    so my question:
    May I install your step by step
    method dump1090 on to my very
    good working raspberry Pi3 gqrx application ?
    Rtl-sdr is already installed and in use?
    Hi Harry,

I have NOT installed gqrx on my RPi, so cannot reply with surety, but as far as I know both programs run independent of each other.

The only thing in common between the two is that both use the rtl-sdr software, and both use the Dongle (DVB-T or Flightaware Pro Stick or Nooelect or any similar).

If you install dump1090 on your RPi with Raspbian, it will work OK, but you can run only one programm at a time, either gqrx or dump1090 as there is only one Dongle.

- Both gqrx and dump1090 can co-exist on RPI.
    - If you want to use gqrx, you will have to stop dump1090 and start gqrx.
    - If you want to use dump1090, you will have to stop gqrx and start dump1090.

It is possible to run both gqrx and dump1090 simultaneously IF you have TWO Dongles plugged into RPI, one for gqrx, other for dump1090. In this case you will have to change serial numbers of two Dongles and configure settings of gqrx and dump1090 to use their respective Dongles. By default all Dongles have serial number 00000000. You can change one to 00000001 and leave other at 00000000. Then in configuration/settings of dump1090 and gqrx assign serial numbers, for example 00000000 to gqrx and 00000001 to dump1090.

Regards
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-11-26 at 18:04.

Passenger

NOOBS vs Stretch

Couldn't resist ordering another Pi, this time a 3B+.
    When it arrives, it comes with a pre-installed card with NOOBS (https://thepihut.com/collections/ras...talled-sd-card)
    Just wondering if the your install routine will have any problems with that or would I be be better off installing Stretch again first?

I have never used Noobs, so can not tell you from my experience. However by Google Search I found this:

NOOBs is not an OS. It is an OS installer. Raspbian installed by the NOOBs method is the same as Raspbian installed by the direct install method using Etcher.
    IMO there is no reason to use NOOBs unless you want to install more than one OS on the same SD card.
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...c.php?t=208588

Passenger
    Hello,

I'm still facing availability issues in Fr24 (see attached screenshot) however all other feeders (Radarbox, ADSBhub, Opensky, etc) are working fine. I'm using Rasbian strech light at the moment but i have tried NOOB, jessie light, etc also but no luck, same issue all radars are working fine but fr24 availability is poor. Fr24 feeder is running fine for 10-14 hours and after something happens and feeder start breaking up. Only solution is restart the feeder from fr24 mini website. I have tried sdr rules fix but no luck. Same dongle with same RPi with same adapter is working fine with Fr24 image. Any idea? Thanks.

fr24_availability.JPG

RTL_test.jpg

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ukihun View Post
    Hello,

I'm still facing availability issues in Fr24 (see attached screenshot) however all other feeders (Radarbox, ADSBhub, Opensky, etc) are working fine. I'm using Rasbian strech light at the moment but i have tried NOOB, jessie light, etc also but no luck, same issue all radars are working fine but fr24 availability is poor. Fr24 feeder is running fine for 10-14 hours and after something happens and feeder start breaking up. Only solution is restart the feeder from fr24 mini website. I have tried sdr rules fix but no luck. Same dongle with same RPi with same adapter is working fine with Fr24 image. Any idea? Thanks.

fr24_availability.JPG

RTL_test.jpg
    Actually the 3rd thread of similar question had the answer, not the initial link

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ght=statistics

- add the following two parameters to /etc/fr24feed.ini
    use-http=yes
    http-timeout=10
    - restart your Pi and see if this helps.
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2018-11-30 at 22:42.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    I've now successfully set up 2 Pi receivers, one with a Flight-aware Pro stick, an 8 ele co-linear atop my ham radio beam and the other with a cheap eBay one with a lesser antenna for comparison. With you invaluable help I've learned more about the software than I could have without that help. Many thanks!
    During the setup I encounter couple of phenomena that I cannot get my head around.
    If after installation I go to <address of pi:8754/settings.html I get the usual settings screen
    fr24 normal.jpg

But if I make any changes and click "save" in the bottom right corner, the screen then looks like this :-
    FR24 settings 2.jpg - the settings have disappeared as have the 3 buttons at the bottom!

One other thing has changed with these installations. I run VRS on my PC but that no longer connects to either Pi and try as I may I can't get that to work any more - I'm wondering if the receiver setting in the FR24 Feeder settings shouldn't be AVR (TCP)

Any ideas would be gratefully received

Quote Originally Posted by Scroggie View Post
    If after installation I go to <address of pi:8754/settings.html I get the usual settings screen
    fr24 normal.jpg

But if I make any changes and click "save" in the bottom right corner, the screen then looks like this :-
    FR24 settings 2.jpg - the settings have disappeared as have the 3 buttons at the bottom!
    Try this:
    Clear browser cache (Ctrl+Shift+Delete) and reload browser (Ctrl+F5).
    The saved settings and three buttons should now show.
    Now click Restart button.

Quote Originally Posted by Scroggie View Post
    One other thing has changed with these installations. I run VRS on my PC but that no longer connects to either Pi and try as I may I can't get that to work any more - I'm wondering if the receiver setting in the FR24 Feeder settings shouldn't be AVR (TCP)
    Try following:

Receiver = ModeS Beast (TCP)
    Host/Port = 127.0.0.1:30005

RAW data (30002/30334): NO
    SBS Feed (10001): NO
    Decoded data (30003): NO
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-12-01 at 19:01.