Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

Quote Originally Posted by wiedehopf View Post
    There is a dongle on sale right now for around 14 euros with shipping sold by airnav/radarbox24 in their store.

It seems to have SAW filter first and then a LNA basically the reverse setup the pro stick plus has.
    This is what I have suggested to Flightaware in May 2016, shortly after they have release ProStick (orange color) but BEFORE they announced ProStick PLUS (blue color):

(1) Add a SAW filter in ProStick
    (2) Location of this SAW filter to be between input sma connector and LNA.

Suggestion to Flightaware: Built in Filter in Pro Stick

Last edited by abcd567; 2019-02-03 at 13:48.

The FlightAware's new filter is particularly useful for countries where mobile/cell phones use GSM900.

The original FlightAware Filter cannot eliminate signals in this band, but the new version has a narrower pass-band, and can eliminate signals in this band also.

New filter available in Europe:
    ModMyPi and Moonraker

GSM-900:
    This band of frequencies is used for mobile/cell phones in most parts of the world (ITU-Regions 1 and 3): Africa, Europe, Middle East, Asia (apart from Japan and South Korea where GSM has never been introduced) and Oceania.

GSM-900 uses 890 - 915 MHz to send information from the Mobile Phones to the Station on Mobile Tower (uplink), and 935 - 960 MHz for the other direction (downlink),

GSM-850 (also known as GSM-800):
    This band of frequencies is used for mobile/cell phones in most of North, South and Central America (ITU-Region 2)

GSM-850 uses 824 - 849 MHz to send information from the Cell Phone to the Station on Mobile Tower (uplink) and 869 - 894 MHz for the other direction (downlink).

Passenger
    I've had to do a full re-install this evening after one of my Pis inexplicably corrupted the sd card with just a straightforward re-boot. very frustrating.
    All back up and running again now with a replacement card but I'm just missing the graphs and I remember having that problem once before but for the life of me I can't remember the solution which you pointed me to.
    Could you sent the instructions link again please/

To install the graphs, you have to run J Prochazka's automated install script.

Automated Installation of Dump1090-Mutability, Data-Feeders, and Performance Graphs

When the script starts, it will offer you lot of options. As you have already installed everythimg else, just do NOT accept offer to install or upgrade anything, and continue forward, till it offers "Web Portal". Accept the Web Portal installation, as graphs are part of the Web Poetal. Also in web portal installation, say NO to "Advance Options"

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    To install the graphs, you have to run J Prochazka's automated install script.

Automated Installation of Dump1090-Mutability, Data-Feeders, and Performance Graphs

When the script starts, it will offer you lot of options. As you have already installed everythimg else, just do NOT accept offer to install or upgrade anything, and continue forward, till it offers "Web Portal". Accept the Web Portal installation, as graphs are part of the Web Poetal. Also in web portal installation, say NO to "Advance Options"

Many thanks - all done!