Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@jcinnb:
    Modified procedure in Post #10 Page 1.
    Now 4 colors available for Terrain Limit Rings, so up to 4 rings is ok now.

If you have created a backup orig-html of folder html & its files, then
    (1) Delete already modified file script.js in folder html.
    (2) Copy script.js from backup folder orig-html to html folder.
    (3) Do the modifications as a fresh case.

Code:
    cd ~
    cd /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/
    sudo rm html/script.js
    sudo cp orig-html/script.js html/script.js
    cd html
    sudo nano script.html

Comment

Originally posted by jcinnb
      Capt: in your post 41 you provide steps for installing both feeders. EVERYWHERE I have found this referenced, the PiAware is always listed first, then FR24.

Does the order matter, I have FR running, and now want to expand? Thank you so much for sorting me out on this. I am just concerned to risk what I have now.
      1)The order of feeders is NOT important. If I have always listed piaware first, this is just a matter of habit.

2)The important thing for headache-free install is that dump1090-mutability is installed BEFORE any data feeders are installed. Once dump1090-mutability is present, the data feeders installation detects it and does not install/use their own dump1090.

Comment

Originally posted by jcinnb
        Will do. It was impressive I must say. Especially cost effective:

Though not sure my fat fingers can deal with pushing down 8 I will give it a try!
        Yes, cost effective and easy. No special parts or connectors.

I think we better discuss ground plane antenna in it's relevant thread, link given below:

Why Antennas Have Ground Plane?

Comment

Originally posted by Pasajero311
          Hello good afternoon
          With the new RASPBIAN JESSIE WITH PIXEL image dated 2016-09-23
          I can not install dump1090-mutability_1.15
          Any help is good
          But it has to be it has to be with this version
          RASPBIAN JESSIE WITH PIXEL
          After reading your post, I did following:
          1) downloaded "Raspbian Jessie with PIXEL" (2016-09-23-raspbian-jessie.zip).
          2) Extracted 2016-09-23-raspbian-jessie.zip to get 2016-09-23-raspbian-jessie.img
          3) Formatted microSD card.
          4) Wrote the PIXEL image (2016-09-23-raspbian-jessie.img) on it.
          5) Inserted microSD card in RPi, powered up, expanded file system, changed password, changed time zone, and rebooted.
          6) Followed steps in post #1 of this thread, and dump1090-mutability installed WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM.

Please see below the screenshot of my PIXEL with dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev:
          2016-11-26-132441_1824x984_scrot.jpg

It seems you have missed one or more of the steps, or some step did not execute properly.
          Try installation again, but first remove/purge the current install:

sudo dpkg --remove dump1090-mutability
          sudo dpkg --purge dump1090-mutability

Remove the installation folder
          sudo rm -rf install-dump

Now install again following the steps on page 1 post 1 of this thread.

Comment

Updated post #1 on 24/02/2017

Comment

Configuration of FR24 feed in Post #1, STEP (11) Updated on 27/02/2017

Comment

Dump1090-mutability: About gain -10

Question: What does gain -10 actually mean?
                Answer: Enable the tuner AGC.

Question: So that is the same as having GAIN="agc" in /etc/default/dump1090-mutability ??
                Answer: Yes, if you look at the init script you will see that AGC is translated to -10 and if you look at the dump1090 source then you will see that -10 turns on AGC.

-10 is a special value meaning "turn on AGC" (for ADS-B, the AGC doesn't actually give auto-gain, just a high gain. Usually AGC will behave like "more gain than max")

-10 and agc are identical, they both end up passing "--gain -10" to dump1090, see the /etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability script:
                Code:
                pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability
                #!/bin/sh
                ### BEGIN INIT INFO
                case "x$GAIN" in
                 x|xmax) ;;
                 xagc) ARGS="$ARGS --gain -10" ;;
                 *) ARGS="$ARGS --gain $GAIN" ;;
                esac

For regular gains, you want a positive value in the 0..50 range (nominally in dB). It will pick the closest gain step to the value you give. If you specify any negative number (other than -10), then the closest gain is 0dB: minimum gain!

AVAILABLE GAIN VALUES:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl stop dump1090-mutability
                pi@raspberrypi:~ $ rtl_test
                Found 1 device(s):
                0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000001

Using device 0: Generic RTL2832U OEM
                Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
                Supported gain values (29): 0.0 0.9 1.4 2.7 3.7 7.7 8.7 12.5 14.4 15.7 1 20.7 22.9 25.4 28.0 29.7 32.8 33.8 36.4 37.2 38.6 40.2 42.1 43.4 43.9 4 49.6
                Sampling at 2048000 S/s.

Info: This tool will continuously read from the device, and report if
                samples get lost. If you observe no further output, everything is fine.

Reading samples in async mode...
                lost at least 16 bytes
                ^CSignal caught, exiting!

User cancel, exiting...
                Samples per million lost (minimum): 0
                pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Comment

ABOUT AGC

Following are comments by Oliver Jowett (obj), who is the author of dump1090-mutability:

Turning on the tuner AGC sets a fixed gain for one gain stage and hands control of the other stages over to the AGC.

The AGC works by measuring the amplified signal power over a period and using that in a feedback loop to control the gain to try to get an amplified signal power that is somewhere in the middle of the usable range - i.e. if the amplified power is too low, it increases the gain, and vice versa. The AGC is designed for the dongle's original purpose - receiving digital TV signals. For a digital TV signal you are receiving a continuous signal from a single transmitter so this works fine.

ADS-B signals are bursts that are much shorter than the measurement period, and they originate from many transmitters of different power at different ranges. So the AGC measurement is basically useless and in practice the AGC sees it as a very weak signal and ends up setting the gain as high as it will go.

Due to a quirk in librtlsdr, the combination of the manually set gain stage + the AGC-controlled gain stages results in a total gain that is higher than what librtlsdr will let you set directly.

Comment

Hi,

can someone tell me how to change the interval in which the aircraft.json/history_X.json are being created?

On Github (github.com/mutability/dump1090/blob/master/README-json.md) it says
                    "history_0.json, history_1.json, ..., history_119.json

These files are historical copies of aircraft.json at (by default) 30 second intervals. They follow exactly the same format as aircraft.json."
                    I am running a python skript that fetches all the aircraft-data from the history_x.json-files and merges them together but the "time-gaps" between each file are too big...

=> Solved the problem by opening the aircraft.json every second..
                    Last edited by dskr; 2017-05-15, 14:06.

Comment

Originally posted by 71sbeetle
                      It looks like this was removed.
                      Is there a way to have alternating ring colors?
                      I have removed it because it became outdated.

Today I have added an updated version here (Page 1 post #3 of this thread)

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ll=1#post79570

Originally posted by 71sbeetle
                      I found your other post on I believe another forum but it seems it doesn't work with dump1090 mutability as I cannot find "function drawCircle" in the script.
                      Yes, it is out dated in the other forum.
                      Yesterday I have added a new thread "Tweaks" in the other forum which has the updated method.
                      Last edited by abcd567; 2017-07-25, 17:29.

Comment

Hi

Currently running this install of dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev with no problems and feeding fr24. What is the easiest way of adding performance graphs to this install?
                        With many thanks

Doug

Comment

@ drworld88:
                          Go to this thread:

Automated Installation of Dump1090-Mutability, Data Feeders, and Performance Graphs

Follow instructions. When "install.sh" starts running, it will offer many options one after the other. Say NO to ALL options. Don't select any type of dump1090 or any data feeders when presented. At the end it will offer "Web Portal". Say OK to it. It will then again ask if you want "Advance Option". Say NO to it. Advance option saves all flight data on you microSD card, and make it full in due course.

Comment

Hi,

I have followed almost all the steps until instaling fr24. So far everthings is working except the gmap.html.
                            I think the error lies under the second clock. Unkown version.

Problem fetching data from dump1090.
                            AJAX call failed (error: Not Found). Maybe dump1090 is no longer running?
                            The displayed map data will be out of date.

Unavngivet.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by sebasuchan
                              Hello Captain, I have installed and followed the installation guide with a fresh install and I have the same problem than DimDim
                              The displayed map data will be out of date
                              I can't send data to FR24, PlaneFinder, Flightaware
                              unknown version of DUMP1090 after install
                              Originally posted by Dimdim View Post
                              Hi,

I have followed almost all the steps until instaling fr24. So far everthings is working except the gmap.html.
                              I think the error lies under the second clock. Unkown version.

The displayed map data will be out of date.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8848[/ATTACH]
                              Try this:
                              Code:
                              #open file rtl-sdr-blacklist.conf for editing
                              sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/rtl-sdr-blacklist.conf

#add the following 2 lines to above file:
                              blacklist dvb_usb_rtl2832u
                              blacklist dvb_usb

#save file

#get the vendor and product ID from your USB receiver
                              lsusb

#note that line which is related to your stick (e.g. Bus 003 Device 018: ID [B]0bda:2832[/B] Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL2832U DVB-T)

#open file rtl-sdr.rules for editing
                              sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules

#add the following line to above file and change the id's (e.g.):
                              SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="[B]0bda[/B]", ATTRS{idProduct}=="[B]2832[/B]", MODE:="0666" -

#save file
                              #exit and reboot
                              sudo reboot
                              Last edited by thehague; 2017-08-30, 21:31.

Comment

Originally posted by sebasuchan
                                It works. Thank you very much for these lines of code
                                Originally posted by Dimdim
                                Thank you so much thehague.
                                It works!!!
                                You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X