How to Install dump1090-mutability on RPi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banthum View Post
    But dump1090 is a EB-version and not V1.15 -dev.
    The version v1.15~dev is no more maintained by its author Oliver Jowett, and he has archived its source code at Github/mutability.

However Debian has forked it and the forked branch at Debian is being maintained by Debian Hamradio Maintainers.

When installed by command "sudo apt-get install dump1090-mutability", the dump1090-mutability gets installed from Debian repository. This one has ver changed from v.15~dev to EB_VER. It uses the same source code as the ver1.15~dev at Github/mutability.

NOTE:
    The Debian Repisitory version's actual name intended to be displayed on map was DEB_VER (Debian Version). However due to some bug in the code, the first letter D gets ommited, displaying only EB_VER

Last edited by abcd567; 2020-12-22, 21:11.

Comment

I have the same problem. Installed it a second time.
      But still this error 403-forbidden.
      What do you mean by "the same problem"?
      What you were trying to do when you got "error 403-forbidden"?
      Please give details.

Comment

So no max range rings.

Originally posted by Banthum View Post
        Problem solved,
        Error in the line:
        sudo wget -O /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/upintheair.json "http://www.heywhatsthat.com/api/upintheair.json?id=XXXXXXXX&refraction=0.2 5&alts=12192"
        Removed the item: amp;amp;

Thanks for pointing out.
        I have now corrected the error.
        Please see the first post of this thread. In the Terrain Limit Ring command "&" has been changed to "&".

Comment

• Sorry, put this post at the wrong item.
          I have this 403 problem when i try to start (IP of the RPI)/dump1090/gain.php in my browser

Comment

Sorry, put this post at the wrong item.
            I have this 403 problem when i try to start (IP of the RPI)/dump1090/gain.php in my browser
            Your problem is related to this post:

READ & SET GAIN FROM BROWSER / DUMP1090 MAP

First let us check if the file gain.php exists and contains proper code. What is the output of following command?

Code:
            cat
            usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/gain.php

Also check if php7.x-cgi is installed
            What is output of this command?

If you have Raspbian BUSTER
            Code:
            apt-cache policy php7.3-cgi

If you have Raspbian STRETCH
            Code:
            apt-cache policy php7.0-cgi
            Last edited by abcd567; 2020-12-22, 21:51.

Comment

• If you think the instructions here are now defunt/out of date since 1.15 has been dropped. Do point out if it needs to be locked and a large banner put in to say so
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Oblivian:

The dump1090-mutability itself is not defunct.
                It's Debian fork is being maintained as EB_VER.
                It is only the version 1.15~dev which is defunct now.

The Debian's dump1090-mutability (EB_VER) was made available since BUSTER was released, and is available only for Buster. It is however not available for older Stretch or Jessie installs.

The current Pi24 image includes dump1090-mutability EB_VER.

If receiver=dvbt is selected in FR24 settings, it installs dump1090-mutability EB_VER

Almost one year ago I have modified the first post of this thread accordingly. It now provides installation commands as follows:

For current Raspbian Buster installs: EB_VER
                For older Raspbian Stretch installs: ver1.15~dev

I dont see any need to put a defunt banner, particularly when it is actively in use by FR24's Pi24 image.

However deleting ver1.15~dev from title of threaand leave only dump1090-mutability will help.

Last edited by abcd567; 2020-12-23, 00:27.

Comment

• The dump1090-mutability itself is not defunct.
                  It's Debian fork is being maintained as EB_VER.
                  It is only the version 1.15~dev which is defunct now.
                  That's what I was referring to. People trying to use word for word copy/paste and finding the direct links throughout the forum to 1.15 sources not working and so on. (without also knowing the OS version limitations)
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

That's what I was referring to. People trying to use word for word copy/paste and finding the direct links throughout the forum to 1.15 sources not working and so on. (without also knowing the OS version limitations)
                    There is no more link to source-code of ver1.15~dev in any of my posts. I have replaced method of building from source code to "sudo apt-get install dump1090-mutability (for Buster) and download of pre-built package from github (Stretch).

I had kept Stretch for backward-compatibility, but I am now considering to remove it altogather as the Buster is here since last 2 years, and all new install use Buster.

To avoid confusion, I want to remove "1.15~dev" from the title of thread

Unfortunately I cannot edit the title of thread, otherwise I would have done it long ago.

As you are administrator, you can do it.
                    Please remove 1.15~dev from the title of thread.

Current Title:
                    How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

Should be modified to:
                    How to Install dump1090-mutability on RPi

Comment

• I already had. But it doesn't reflect on searches.

Comment

• abcd567 Dump1090/Gain.php is now running. Thanks for the help.
                        You have to live with those newbies.
                        Happy holidays to all of you.

Comment

• Hey abcd,

In post 4 you detail a great modification to select a gain from a drop-down menu for dump1090-mutability.

Would this procedure work for dump1090-fa by any chance?

I have also been trying to discover how to change the 'Hide All Tracks' to Maps to select the graphs page and although I can see the lines of code required to do so have been unable to determine the file to modify.

I am guessing this file is one and the same gmap.html in dump1090 but I can't find it on my system.

Any ideas please?

Thanks & kind regards,
                          -=Glyn=-

Comment

• Ah...so that's where it was hiding!

Fantastic...I've changed the 'Hide All Tracks' button to read & display the Performance Graphs and lost nothing in the process because toggling the Show All Tracks button switches between show & hide tracks anyway!

I was going to post the complete solution but for some reason I keep getting a 403 Error when I try to paste it in here?

As the Gain Change function looks to be more complex for my limited experience I'll try that another day but thanks for the heads-up abcd.

Thanks & kind regards,
                            -=Glyn=-

Comment

• Originally posted by GlynH View Post
                              I was going to post the complete solution but for some reason I keep getting a 403 Error when I try to paste it in here?
                              Over-active spam protection.
                              I often get this, and when this happens, I just give up and quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlynH View Post
                                I've changed the 'Hide All Tracks' button to read & display the Performance Graphs and lost nothing in the process because toggling the Show All Tracks button switches between show & hide tracks anyway!

The "Hide All Track" and "Show All Tracks" buttons do not exist in dump1090-mutability, so posting that procedure in this thread is irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                                X