Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

Purser
    Thanks again abcd for a very useful guide. Just swapped my Pi Zero with a 3B+ and used your guide to configure the new Pi. The only info I had to search for was how to transfer the sharing keys from old Pi to new Pi so I could keep the same accounts:

Fr24's is "fr24key" from the /etc/fr24feed.ini file
    PiAware is the /var/cache/piaware/feeder_id file
    PFClient is the "sharecode" in the /etc/pfclient-config.json file

I installed the new Pi, stopped the feeders on the old one and then transferred the keys across.

Quote Originally Posted by elljay View Post

Fr24's is "fr24key" from the /etc/fr24feed.ini file

PiAware is the /var/cache/piaware/feeder_id file

PFClient is the "sharecode" in the /etc/pfclient-config.json file

Thanks for posting above info. It will help lot of users.

Passenger
    Really appreciate the guide which has enabled me to get this all working. In something of a risky move I installed v1.15 over v1.14 without incident. What would really help me though is some guidance on establishing the actual range of my receiver. I have the ring overlays all setup and my potential range is enormous but I am only getting a tiny number of aircraft/range by comparison. That may well be my antenna/setup but I just wondered if there was means to get a range from my receiver. Also are we all using auto gain control? Thank you

Mr Bits:

The primary thing which determines range and number of planes are:

- Antena design, low gain or high gain.
    - Antenna location, indoor or outdoor
    - Antenna height. Is antenna above the level of surrounding houses, buildings and tall trees?

Other than above, adjusting the Gain setting and adding a Filter can also contribute substantially to range and number of planes.

elljay

The built from this page is actually dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev, and Flightaware has nothing to do with it. Therefore Flightaware will NOT upgrade it, and it will continue to work ok.

The dump1090 Flightawsre are going to upgrade is their brand of dump1090 called dump1090-fa, which you dont have.

They will also upgrade the Piaware data feeder which you have installed as per Flightaware page https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/install. It will be upgraded only IF YOU WANT. You can enable or disable updating by commands given below..

If you are using Stretch, upgrade is ok. If you are using Jessie, better dont upgrade

For Auto Update:
    The auto update will take place only if you have enabled auto-updates by following command:

Code:
    #To enable auto update:
    sudo piaware-config allow-auto-updates yes 

#To disable auto update:
    sudo piaware-config allow-auto-updates no

For Manual Update:
    You can manually issue update command from your Flightaware "My ADS-B" page if you enable manual update by issueing following command:

Code:
    #To enable manual update:
    sudo piaware-config allow-manual-updates yes 

#To disable manual update:
    sudo piaware-config allow-manual-updates no
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-09-27 at 04:05.

"READ AND SET GAIN FROM BROWSER / DUMP1090-MUTABILITY MAP"

Step-by-step posted today: Post #7 on Page #1

Hi Peter
    When one browses the post #7 on page #1, the procedure looks lengthy and complicated. However it is actually 4 simple steps

(1) Install necessary package by apt-get command.

(2) Create a new file in folder "html", and copy-paste code in new file and save it.

(3) Create a new folder "gain" and a new file inside it, and copy-paste code in new file and save it.

(4) Open crontab file and copy-paste into it single line of code to start the setgain at reboot, save crontab file, and reboot Pi.

After above 4 steps you can get the "Set Gain" button and Drop-down list in a browser at following address:

IP-of-Pi/dump1090/gain.php

If someone wants to embed the "Set Gain" Button and Drop-down in dump1090 Map, following 2 additional steps are required:

(1) Make a backup copy of file gmap.html
    (2) Open file gmap.html in nano editor, copy-paste 3 lines of code, save file. Reload dump1090 Map by Ctrl+F5.

Last edited by abcd567; 2018-10-10 at 09:05.

UPDATE

Posted Yesterday 14.10.2018:
    How-to Add "Received Signal Strength Indicator" (RSSI) Column in Aircraft Table of dump1090-mutability.
    Post #10 on Page #1

Posted Last Week 10.10.2018:
    READ & SET GAIN FROM BROWSER / DUMP1090 MAP
    Post #7 on Page #1

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    UPDATE

How-to Add "Received Signal Strength Indicator" (RSSI) Column in Aircraft Table of dump1090-mutability.
    Post #10 on Page #1

Posted Last Week 10.10.2018:
    READ & SET GAIN FROM BROWSER / DUMP1090 MAP
    Post #7 on Page #1

Hi Thanks for this help I did a fresh reinstall and it's all working, @ylis I used the raspian stretch image from the raspberry pi foundation this time, I dont get the ADSB receiver project page or the PiAware local page (http://ipofmypi:8080/)

Only issue I had was piaware didnt apply my existing key, I followed this link: https://discussions.flightaware.com/...17-07-16/19811

sudo piaware-config feeder-id mypiawarehexid

after restarting then I was refeeding there

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post

The function to sort on column header click is missing. Add this to line 848 of script.js:

Code:
    function sortByRSSI()  { sortBy('rssi', compareNumeric,   function(x) { return x.rssi; }); }