LAX No callsign feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAX No callsign feeders

I watch LAX airspace and have noticed there some data feeders with always reporting No Callsign data.

Is there anywhere to report these feeders to have them removed?

T-84CL2
    T-KEMT2

These are the main 2 offenders.

Originally posted by Asuka View Post
    I watch LAX airspace and have noticed there some data feeders with always reporting No Callsign data.

Is there anywhere to report these feeders to have them removed?

T-84CL2
    T-KEMT2

These are the main 2 offenders.
    T-KEMT2 is most likely tracking general aviation planes that do not send the additional data provided by commercial airliners provided its proximity to a general aviation airport. As for T-84CL2 I have noticed the same thing where the only information provided is a position and an ICAO address. That is probably a radar code for data that does not match data types in the FR24 database. I have seen blimps and military aircraft and correlating icons for aircraft with this radar code.

Comment

When both of those feeders are offline, everything reports normal, so I doubt the provided data is not available.

T-84 drops out for hours, which helps, T-KEMT2 not so often.

It's only when these 2 feeders are online reporting that things get messed up around LAX, not weird aircraft, just your average commercial aircraft/helicopters.

edit:
      The Longbeach feeder reports the Goodyear Blimp fine.

Things seems to have settled around LAX, not sure if FR did anything, but I'm seeing more feeders, that I have not seen before in the area.

Good work either way
      Last edited by Asuka; 2016-04-19, 06:05.

Comment

I was watching the planes without call signs around the LAX area and with closer observation, I got the same observations as you. Intriguingly, all the planes without call signs from the feeder T-KEMT2 have an ICAO24 address following the pattern 298---, which according to airframes.org, does not match any country allocation for the address.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

T-84CL2 is back reporting No CallSign

Something needs to be done to remove this user.

T-KEMT2 also comes online randomly, but F-KEMT2 reports correctly, guessing it's the same person.

Comment

Are these 2 sites the reason for the hundreds of 'UNKNOWN' pings with hex's all starting 298xxx ? What are these planes? Mil or drones or something?

Comment

T-KEMT2 is most likely tracking general aviation planes
              Yep, local GA stuff. Nothing to see here.
              F-KDAG1

Comment

Originally posted by rik130 View Post
                Are these 2 sites the reason for the hundreds of 'UNKNOWN' pings with hex's all starting 298xxx ? What are these planes? Mil or drones or something?
                They are commercial aircraft, news/police choppers etc.

It's a configuration issue, when the 2 offenders are offline, everything reports normally.

Even if you look at LAX, some aircraft report No callsign by T-84CL2.

T-KEMT2 seems to be turned off, or replaced by F-KEMT2 which reports correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Asuka View Post
                  They are commercial aircraft, news/police choppers etc.

It's a configuration issue, when the 2 offenders are offline, everything reports normally.

Even if you look at LAX, some aircraft report No callsign by T-84CL2.

T-KEMT2 seems to be turned off, or replaced by F-KEMT2 which reports correctly.
                  OK can you contact the feeders and sort it out please. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rik130 View Post
                    OK can you contact the feeders and sort it out please. Thanks.
                    I have no idea who T-84CL2 is

In any case when issues like this are reported FR24 can step and block the user, but they haven't.

Comment

T-84CL2 needs to be blocked

This has been going on too long

Comment

T-84CL2 is back again reporting No Callsign.

Can't bad feeders be blocked?

Comment

T-84CL2 is still reporting No Callsign.

What does it take to resolve this?

Comment

Mail screenshots to the helpdesk.
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                              Mail screenshots to the helpdesk.
                              How does a screenshot work, since it's one aircraft at a time?

Surely someone from the helpdesk can just go to LAX and view it themself.

Comment

Working...
                              X