• Show
Clear All

Straight from the FR24 website.

Might have to give VRS a go instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Asuka View Post
      Straight from the FR24 website.

Might have to give VRS a go instead.
      Learn how to use VRS. You can see every aircraft in range of your receiver with no BARR filtering (FR24's required list of filtering aircraft from their servers mandated by the FAA and others). .

Edit: BTW, these feeders that scramble the S-code are sometimes circumventing the BARR list to show up on FR24 servers. If these aircraft are in range of your receiver, they will show up with their real s-code using VRS.

The motivation for scrambling the s-code to circumvent the BARR list is to increase feeder rank so I am not convinced that it is always completely innocent.
      Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-06-06, 03:12. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Asuka View Post
        No idea why it's T-84CL2, unlike the other naming conventions.
        The code given loosely refers to the nearest airport/airfield code to the feeder. In this case 84CL is Century City Heliport in Los Angeles, so the feeder very likely lives in the vicinity.

Comment

Originally posted by rik130 View Post
          The code given loosely refers to the nearest airport/airfield code to the feeder. In this case 84CL is Century City Heliport in Los Angeles, so the feeder very likely lives in the vicinity.
          Thanks for clarifying that. I hope everything is ok with that feeder going forward .

Comment

Originally posted by rik130 View Post
            Thank for information

I thought the code was given by the nearest public use location.

USE RESTRICTED TO OPNS LICENSED BY TOPA EQUITIES, LTD. as per https://skyvector.com/airport/84CL/C...-City-Heliport

Comment

Working...
            X