New feeding software - failure to recognise SBS3 IP address. Second ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New feeding software - failure to recognise SBS3 IP address. Second ask

So....as no-one has replied to my earlier post, I will try again.

Perhaps someone will be kind enough to tell me what is the correct port number to use when attempting to connect to a networked SBS 3 receiver using the new FR24 feeding software.
    I am using basestation and win 7.

Thanks

Originally posted by ICONGEO View Post
    So....as no-one has replied to my earlier post, I will try again.

Perhaps someone will be kind enough to tell me what is the correct port number to use when attempting to connect to a networked SBS 3 receiver using the new FR24 feeding software.
    I am using basestation and win 7.

Thanks
    If you are running FR24 and Basestation on the same computer and basestation is working then it means you need to make changes to your FR24 settings so that it gets unencrypted data on port 30006. This is how your settings in fr24feed.ini should look like

receiver="basestation"

fr24key="YourSharingKey"

host="localhost:30006"

bs="no"

raw="no"

logmode="1"

windowmode="0"

mpx="no"

mlat="no"

mlat-without-gps="no"
    --

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post
      If you are running FR24 and Basestation on the same computer and basestation is working then it means you need to make changes to your FR24 settings so that it gets unencrypted data on port 30006. This is how your settings in fr24feed.ini should look like

receiver="basestation"

fr24key="YourSharingKey"

bs="no"

raw="no"

logmode="1"

windowmode="0"

mpx="no"

mlat="no"

mlat-without-gps="no"
      Hi,

Thanks very much for the kind reply.

I have changed the port to 30006 but I still get a message indicating that the decoder cannot connect to the SBS 3 at address 192.168.1.170:30006.
      So it appears that data is being sent only and not received here.

The list of entries you gave above is a little different from the list presented to me during setup of FR24, and I have not been able to find fr24.ini. This means that I have to reinstall FR24 every time I wish to change something.

I don't remember previous versions being this much of a problem and I have not changed anything in my set up here, so wondering why I am having these problems.
      That said I am quite sure that it is a problem with the IP/port address.

I should have mentioned previously that I use a bridge to connect to the SBS3, which worked perfectly well on the old FR24 file.

Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

Francis

Comment

No you dont need to reinstall. You load the config webpage on http://<ip of your pi>:8754 there you can make changes (as long as it is running but still erroring)

When it says basestation and localhost here, unless you configure the SBS for standalone mode (refer your manual) you need to attach fr24feed to the PC running basestation. Not the SBS directly.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

hey

my problem is to have written the same IP and port in the base station but comes with this error

Resolving ip adress for localhost
          Conneting to sbs1 receiver on 127.0.0.1:30006
          Could not connect to localhost

:/

br Mogens

Comment

Originally posted by Mogensj View Post
            hey

my problem is to have written the same IP and port in the base station but comes with this error

Resolving ip adress for localhost
            Conneting to sbs1 receiver on 127.0.0.1:30006
            Could not connect to localhost

:/

br Mogens

new update
            Well I open feed24 first, and open base station afterwards, so the feeder but I 'm yet to see anything on the screen

Comment

Well.....I have also attempted to make this work by starting FR24feed first then Basestation. Still getting the error message "Reader[e] cannot connect to SBS3 on 192.168.1.170:30006".
              Looking in Basestation I the non volatile memory settings I see that the Ethernet address is as above, so that is correct. The main port is 10001, and the NMEA port is 30007.

None of these settings work, producing the same error message mentioned above.

So.....why does Basestation itself connect without any problem, but FR24 feed does not?

Comment

Because they encrypt their data format. And you need to attach to the unencrypted version

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by ICONGEO View Post
                  Well.....I have also attempted to make this work by starting FR24feed first then Basestation. Still getting the error message "Reader[e] cannot connect to SBS3 on 192.168.1.170:30006".
                  Looking in Basestation I the non volatile memory settings I see that the Ethernet address is as above, so that is correct. The main port is 10001, and the NMEA port is 30007.

None of these settings work, producing the same error message mentioned above.

So.....why does Basestation itself connect without any problem, but FR24 feed does not?
                  Assuming you are running FR24 and Basestation on the same computer, change these settings in fr24feed.ini file to the following and then see what happens.

receiver="basestation"
                  --

Comment

Assuming you are running FR24 and Basestation on the same computer, change these settings in fr24feed.ini file to the following and then see what happens.

receiver="basestation"
                    Hi, I'm running the latest version of the FR24 feeder software, downloaded a few days ago. I use BaseStation connected to the SBS-3 first (as I want to retain ACARS and the SDR through Basestation itself) and have tried quite a few times to get the FR24 data feeder to connect (I always got the "could not authenticate messages"). It successfully connected directly via USB, but not via BaseStation. Having looked through a lot of the options, manuals and threads etc, I came across this one that helped get me sorted (mostly!). Thanks!

Just in case it's of benefit to other people, it may be worth noting that web UI available on port 8754, doesn't appear to have an option for "basestation". I had to manually edit the fr24feed.ini file (which for me was in the same folder as fr24feed.exe) and set receiver="basestation", host="localhost:30006" and restarted fr24feed.exe, and everything started working straight away.

Many thanks,

Comment

Apologies for long absence and lack of reply to the thread. Duty called.

That did it!!!!! All good now.

Thank you Mr Khan, your assistance much appreciated!

receiver="basestation"

Comment

Working...
                      X