Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NEW JUST OUT FLIGHTAWARE DONGLE

First officer
    Moved post to page 3 of this thread:
    abcd567_Tutorial

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by dudesjp View Post
    @majo, yes! The only way is if the seller send as gift, declare a very low price and the federal employee in the day that your package arrive it is in a good humor and releases the product without taxes! But since March, everyone I know who bought out of Brazil are being taxed, no matter the price declared! A friend of mine bought in AliExpress a US$11,00 arcade joystick and it was taxed in US$15,00...
    Brazilian customs are a pain in the neck. They charge importation duties at will and they also charge over the shipping and handling value. One can buy the same thing twice in a row and the importation fees will be different, for sure.

@dudesjp why don't you build a quarter-wavelength ground plane antenna ? You can build one with a single BNC or N female connector and a few aluminum/copper rods. I used copper with heat shrink applied so the copper wouldn't get rusty. You can even use rigid 2.5 or 4 mm2 wire - those used on wall wiring in Brazil. PM me if you need any help.

Cheers all,

Ricardo
    F-SBFI2
    Brazil

Passenger
    I have a raspberrypi3 and a flight aware dongle and I feed successfully to flight radar.
    Is it possible to install a second flight aware dongle in the raspberry and feed to flarm via OGM as well?

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancair390 View Post
    I have a raspberrypi3 and a flight aware dongle and I feed successfully to flight radar.
    Is it possible to install a second flight aware dongle in the raspberry and feed to flarm via OGM as well?
    Good question but did you mean OGN Receiver? Be careful overloading the power supply with 2 flightaware dongles. If these are different frequencies and different antenna specs, you're better off using two different Rpi's since they are so cheap. But if you are confident that there is no power issues it should not be a problem to run two flightaware dongles on a single Rpi.
    Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-10-03 at 07:23.