Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show freighters in airport arrivals and departures lists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show freighters in airport arrivals and departures lists?

Is it possible to add freighters such as Atlas Air, UPS and FedEx to the scheduled arrivals and departures screens of the airport views? I'd love to see more than only the flights carrying paid passengers. Our FedEx and UPS are pretty routine but I'd hate to leave an airport just before a scheduled Atlas Air 747 was about to arrive.

They don't have set routes and flightplans.

The displayed ones are generated from known route data released from a couple of sources that they pay for. Not all the time that freight ones are logged or listed. As they can be spur of the moment, so it has no idea on the usual source/destination paired with it

Same reason small aircraft often show the wrong destination, as its based on their last used callsign which may differ route each time. But same callsign is used.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

OK that makes sense. I thought maybe it was automagically compiled from filed flight plans and filtered to only show common airlines.

Comment

Think theres a couple of things at play. But the boards tend to be known routes. Whereas if you click one it may know its destination if filed correctly
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

We get one or two FedEx 752s and a UPS A300 daily in Billings (BIL). I'm not sure if they have the same flight number each time but they show up and leave VERY regularly. They don't just show up occasionally from random destinations. UPS to and from Louisville, FedEx to and from Memphis. There are occasional variations or seasonal additions but these are regularly scheduled flights and clicking on any of these en route has complete and accurate info. I'd love to see an option to add these "other" flights to the arrival / departure boards. If I filter by airport they show up just fine when airborne.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            They don't have set routes and flightplans.
            What a curious and incorrect statement. What do you think this is?

Ad hoc freight only makes-up a small proportion of daily movements whereas the scheduled ones, particularly in Europe, stick tightly to their schedule and don't often change their callsigns.

For example Star Air SRR6978 has been arriving at the same time on the same route Monday to Friday for at least eight years. TAY011 is always JFK to Liege, and TAY010 the reciprocal, as Google will tell you alongside a pretty route schematic:

They all come through on the FIDS the same as any other scheduled flight, but are usually filtered-out by airports which only show particular passenger-specific service types. FR24 seems to be trending towards the same general-public-travelling demographic, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by mimku View Post
              What a curious and incorrect statement. What do you think this is?

Ad hoc freight only makes-up a small proportion of daily movements whereas the scheduled ones, particularly in Europe, stick tightly to their schedule and don't often change their callsigns.

For example Star Air SRR6978 has been arriving at the same time on the same route Monday to Friday for at least eight years. TAY011 is always JFK to Liege, and TAY010 the reciprocal, as Google will tell you alongside a pretty route schematic:

They all come through on the FIDS the same as any other scheduled flight, but are usually filtered-out by airports which only show particular passenger-specific service types. FR24 seems to be trending towards the same general-public-travelling demographic, unfortunately.
              Note the rest of my explanation that it's clearly not part of the sources that fr24 pay for and source.

I doubt they call local brussels airports in the hope they will be shared the daily schedule spreadsheet to add too the database.

It's fairly evident, Of the freight companies like qf/sq/atlas air and most daily (non callsign changing schedule flights) that those particular ones are known by the sources they get the data.

The remainder are highly likely to be dynamic, or not registered the same and therefore incomplete, or non predictable until the onground trigger is seen at the destination.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

That or they just don't include em based on certain criteria *shrug* but i dont use the boards enough to know as theres not many around here. you can still predeict the known ones in air however. Or check flightaware and compare.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X