No announcement yet.

Receiver working with Linux ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about this Google translated page ?

Comment

I'm developing Linux program, It's up and running on hacked Dockstar (5 watt) connected to USB receiver and Wifi USB stick, the input protocol is standard or extended (with MLAT) AVR, the software is performing software CRC correction of received messages + feeds PlanePlotter over UDP (just need to specify ip address and port in config file). I wanted to implement feeding of FR24 and contacted them asking for registration and information upload details but I have not received any answer
      As soon as I implement FR24 upload I'll release it to public.

Comment

Originally posted by Intra View Post
        I'm developing Linux program, It's up and running on hacked Dockstar (5 watt) connected to USB receiver and Wifi USB stick, the input protocol is standard or extended (with MLAT) AVR, the software is performing software CRC correction of received messages + feeds PlanePlotter over UDP (just need to specify ip address and port in config file). I wanted to implement feeding of FR24 and contacted them asking for registration and information upload details but I have not received any answer
        FR24 deliver a windows gateway app that communicates on the standard port 3000 to whatever ADS-B software. Did you get any response from them?
        Will your small UDP app support the PlaneGadget and the new "Beast" radar along with the more commercial boxes?

Best Pelle

Comment

Originally posted by Intra View Post
          I would also like to build a linux based solution using my sheevaplug or raspberry pi on debian.
          Which USB based receiver are you using?

The USB based GNS 5890 ADS-B receiver looks very good. Anyone has this working on linux?

Would you give me some details of your configuration? I would be also willing to support you on programming.
          Last edited by whz; 2012-09-04, 09:05.

On Rasperry Pi:
          • GNS 5890 (v3) using adsbox, RTL2832U/R820T SDL using dump1090
          • Feeding FR24 using fr24feed_arm-le_225s

Comment

Looks like nobody is using a Linux ARM based solution here.

I have now ordered MicroADSB (seems to be the cheapest solution at all) and will try how it works on my Raspberry Pi.
            I will try the adsbox package (from http://diseqc.org.ua/projects/hard/adsb/index.html)

I would also like to feed to FR24 as soon as this works. Is there any documentation of the details of the upload format? I would release my scripts as OSS if they is any need for it. I will probably program this in perl.

On Rasperry Pi:
            • GNS 5890 (v3) using adsbox, RTL2832U/R820T SDL using dump1090
            • Feeding FR24 using fr24feed_arm-le_225s

Comment

There will be a beta version of FR24 feed linux software released tomorrow!

Comment

Great news, Mike! For what specific platforms? SBS-1/SBS-3 included?

Comment

Working...
                X