Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In-Line Amplifier alternatives (to RCA D903)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ abcd567

Thanks for the patience and detailed answers - think I have sufficient information now to give it a go.

I'll show progress in a separate thread for the project which I will name abcdRIN
    Last edited by Laban; 2016-04-05, 18:34.

Comment

AMPLIFIER CONNECTION ARRANGEMENT

Comment

Hi,

I was just wondering if you've been able to install the amplifier and what the results are.
        Also, I would think that a 1090Mhz filter should improve your result further since the amplifier has a wide band of 950-2150 Mhz.
        This means it will also amplify other signals that are in that frequency range (GSM, etc.) so a filter should clean it all up nicely.

Interested to hear how you get on!

Comment

Hello,

Status update - waiting for parts....

@JohnnyBravo: Good point, makes sense cleaning up the signal stream from unwanted clutter. Even if it may not be needed I see no reason not having one.

Comment

I have one of these on the way which has a narrow band of 1070 - 1110MHz

With power inserter

Since the DC power goes over the antenna cable, I'd imagine that the quality of the power supply could have an effect on overall performance.
            Especially cheap power supplies are notorious for being noisy, so I figured I'd build my own one.
            It'll be an 'old-school' style transformer with some chokes and capacitors and none of that SMPS stuff (no offense).
            Ran a simulation of it and should be dead quiet, now time to build it all.

Currently also awaiting parts, but will share the results as soon as it's all up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBravo View Post

With power inserter

Since the DC power goes over the antenna cable, I'd imagine that the quality of the power supply could have an effect on overall performance.
              Especially cheap power supplies are notorious for being noisy, so I figured I'd build my own one.
              It'll be an 'old-school' style transformer with some chokes and capacitors and none of that SMPS stuff (no offense).

Currently also awaiting parts, but will share the results as soon as it's all up and running.
              No one will ever be able to accuse you of not going all-in and doing it properly - that's 210EUR worth of gear

Comment

Status update on my project:

Has been on hold for a while due to other commitments requiring attention. However, about to kick into gear again on it - been ordering odd parts that may come in handy (like a V-meter display to see what voltage I'm feeding the cable with etc).

Need to look at suitable coax cable now

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBravo View Post

With power inserter

Wow! Best gear. The cost is over €200, very few can (or willing to) afford this price.

Comment

Originally posted by Laban View Post
                    Has been on hold for a while due to other commitments requiring attention. However, about to kick into gear again on it - been ordering odd parts that may come in handy (like a V-meter display to see what voltage I'm feeding the cable with etc).
                    Hej Laban,

Nice to see someone at Malmen! I have F-ESSL4 on the other side of Linköping, very close to ESSL.

It would be nice to exchange ideas and I can help you with cables if you like, or to borrow a filter for testing.

If you are intersted send me an email on mrmac (a) fastest.cc

image.jpg

(The forum doesn't seem to handle properly rotaded images correctly)

/M
                    F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
                    T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
                    P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
                    mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Hello,

I'm using the follwing amplifier (Swiss made ;-) ) and I'm happy with the results:
                      Axing SZU 14-00 DC-Blocker
                      Axing TZU 15-02 / Axing TZU 11-01 Power Inserter
                      Axing SVS 2-01 Amplifier

Comment

MrMac! Thanks - would def need help! Sent a msil

(Sorry for responsetime, I've had my project on ice until now)

Comment

@MrMac
                          The meta tag added to image by camera causes this wrong orientation. I downloaded it, rotated it by a photo editor, and reposted below.

2017-01-26 15.43.18.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ameins View Post
                            Hello,

I'm using the follwing amplifier (Swiss made ;-) ) and I'm happy with the results:
                            Axing SZU 14-00 DC-Blocker
                            Axing TZU 15-02 / Axing TZU 11-01 Power Inserter
                            Axing SVS 2-01 Amplifier
                            Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                              The meta tag added to image by camera causes this wrong orientation.
                              I know, but I stopped hard-rotating my images years ago. All modern software should recognize the orientation metadata. If you do both, it starts to get really confusing.

/M
                              F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
                              T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
                              P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
                              mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Axing SVS 2-01 Amplifier gives very good result.
                                However, I power it up with 19.2V PSU from the laptop.
                                ======
                                T-EBCI32 (Raspberry PI 3 + RTL2832U/R820T2 USB dongle + Axing SVS 2-01 inline amp + TA1090EC filter)

Comment

Working...
                                X