MLAT enabled but not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@barjac:

I had the same problem/error with my feeder some weeks ago ("[mlat][w]Could not ping MLAT server, result=-1000, ..."). At that time, for testing purposes, I also "bent" the mlat-1.fr24.com to 52.20.254.84 (which is mlat-2.fr24.com) in /etc/hosts and this worked well, exactly how you reported. I then contacted support (support@fr24.com) and told them about it. Some days later my problem was gone. Meanwhile I had a new problem, which is also gone (for details see http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...6643#post86643). Currently my feeder is working as it is supposed to.

Looking at all these uncomfortable "events", I come to the conclusion, that noticed MLAT problems are - partly - specific to the individual feeder (T-*****). Maybe the FR24 guys have a "critical" look on new MLAT feeders for data quality reasons and consequently don't give "full MLAT permission" immediately to new feeders. However, this is my personal speculation, not more.

Good luck, -Wolli-
    Last edited by Wolli; 2016-11-30, 21:14.

Comment

hello there, after have contact fr24 support about why my mlat uplink stats stay at 0 they have answer "When good coverage with FR24 receivers in the area, then volunteer data is not used for mlat." so dont panic if you seen everything run well and the uplink stay at 0.
      T-LFSR6

Comment

Hi Wolli
        Thanks for your reply - I did reply to say that MLAT started to work 12 hours later and has been rock solid ever since.

For some reason this forum seems to not display some messages even after waiting for "moderation", this makes it very difficult to use.

Cheers - barjac.

Comment

Originally posted by barjac View Post
          Hi Wolli
          Thanks for your reply - I did reply to say that MLAT started to work 12 hours later and has been rock solid ever since.

For some reason this forum seems to not display some messages even after waiting for "moderation", this makes it very difficult to use.

Cheers - barjac.
          I pointed out 3 posts ago you keep using or quoting @ on posts. Others are also guilty of this.

The forum is strict at blocking potential email use. Using @ as the filter for new members. Don't use @ to address people (not twitter - use quote) and it won't be an issue

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

This is so frustrating!

I just replied and quoted your post - of course the same thing happened since your post is scattered with them, but I was very careful not to include any in my text.

I just lost everything and am not going to type it all again.

Why can't the board just refuse to send stuff it does not like rather than eating it. If the offending text was highlighted and the user thrown back to edit mode then it would be far more user friendly.

How many posts does one have to make to get past this annoying limitation.

Note to self - Copy whole message to clipboard before attempting to post here.

Comment

This is so frustrating! I just replied and quoted your post [...] I just lost everything and am not going to type it all again.
              Don't worry - be happy! We all have had experiences like that. Also in many other forums and websites.

Note to self - Copy whole message to clipboard before attempting to post here.
              This is - indeed - what you (and everyone, including me myself) should do, when posting in a forum or adding text to a "contact box" on any website. This is a general problem of several internet sites. I personally made up my mind a long time ago to do so EVERY time I post something - although: sometimes I forget to do so, which results in big frustration.

Lessons learnt (for you, me and all of us): Always make a copy (at least to clipboard) of edited text, BEFORE posting the text. Please keep relaxed though, -Wolli-
              Last edited by Wolli; 2016-12-06, 20:58.

Comment

Working...
              X