Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Flightradar24 shows nothing out of my (and others) feeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Flightradar24 shows nothing out of my (and others) feeds?

I have captured screenshot showing absolutely no plane in my area, even though my RTL1090 decodes three planes and pushes their data to FR24:

FR24 Shows NOTHING.jpg

These planes of course actually flies, I can clearly hear then over my house. Yet, FR24 shows nothing.

Is there any explanation for this situation?

Originally posted by trejder View Post
    I have captured screenshot showing absolutely no plane in my area, even though my RTL1090 decodes three planes and pushes their data to FR24:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7235[/ATTACH]

These planes of course actually flies, I can clearly hear then over my house. Yet, FR24 shows nothing.

Is there any explanation for this situation?
    Data via RTL1090 has not been accepted by FR24 for months. You need to update your feeder software and use dump1090. Current version is 1.0.16-11 for Windows base feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Kpin View Post
      Data via RTL1090 has not been accepted by FR24 for months. You need to update your feeder software and use dump1090. Current version is 1.0.16-11 for Windows base feeder.
      http://feed.flightradar24.com/#windows
      You're suggesting, that they're constantly giving me a 500 USD/year worth Business plan even though they haven't received (accepted) any data from me for months?

I'm finding this hard to believe, to be honest.

Comment

You're suggesting, that they're constantly giving me a 500 USD/year worth Business plan even though they haven't received (accepted) any data from me for months?

I'm finding this hard to believe, to be honest.
        Also suggest re-installing your FR24 feed software and use FR24's dump1090 version not RTL1090.
        Can you see your stats in your FR24 account area? That should tell you if you're actively feeding and the history.

On missing planes, I have seen that occasionally in my area too and not sure why that happens but it is rare and the plane does eventually show up on FR24.
        Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-03-23, 23:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
          Can you see your stats in your FR24 account area? That should tell you if you're actively feeding and the history.
          Yes, of course I can! That's why I was asking previous question, as a kind of joke. It is extremely obvious (at least to me) that Flightradar24 team wouldn't ever give out 500 USD / year worth plan to someone, who is NOT an active feeder. Previous answer was a funny joke to me. I'm obviously an active feeder, I can clearly see stats in my account, that my last feed was like about 2-3 minutes ago, if not instantly. And, exactly as mentioned in recent blog post, I would get downgraded to Gold, after not feeding for 24 hours and to basic tier, after not feed for more than seven days.

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
          On missing planes, I have seen that occasionally in my area too and not sure why that happens but it is rare and the plane does eventually show up on FR24.
          My private guess is that FR24 is not believing to a single feeder (I'm quite alone in my neighborhood! and simply does not display planes, that were reported by just a single feeder and not confirmed by any other source of data.

Comment

Hi Trejder,

Thank you for your observation! Not sure what the explanation will be here, but I will look into it.

Until then, please make sure you use the latest version dump1090 as suggested by Kpin and Sam26k, from here:

Thanks!
            Olov

Comment

Thank you for your advice.

However, the computer, that I'm using for feeding FR24 is also used by me for many other processes (not related to FR24) and dump1090 window is simply to big as for me. It covers other windows, essentials to me, while "old" method (using rtl1090 feeder) is much more preferable, as FR24 client is using a much smaller window.

Thus, with all the respect, until my current feeding method remain accepted by FR24 team, then I'll stick with it. I will changed to dump1090 only when forced to.

To summarize this post thread, I'm more than certain that my (old) feeding method has nothing to do with this topic -- i.e. there is another cause for planes captured by me not being plot by Flightradar24 (simply because many, many others captured by me are correctly displayed). And thus, I'd be more than happy to see some discussion on actual topic, not on my feeding method. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you for your advice.

However, the computer, that I'm using for feeding FR24 is also used by me for many other processes (not related to FR24) and dump1090 window is simply to big as for me. It covers other windows, essentials to me, while "old" method (using rtl1090 feeder) is much more preferable, as FR24 client is using a much smaller window.

Thus, with all the respect, until my current feeding method remain accepted by FR24 team, then I'll stick with it. I will changed to dump1090 only when forced to.

To summarize this post thread, I'm more than certain that my (old) feeding method has nothing to do with this topic -- i.e. there is another cause for planes captured by me not being plot by Flightradar24 (simply because many, many others captured by me are correctly displayed). And thus, I'd be more than happy to see some discussion on actual topic, not on my feeding method. Thank you.
                Hi Trejder,

Sure, as soon as I have an explanation to your question, I will post it here. Until then, keep using RTL1090 if thats what you need!

Olov

Comment

I guess it comes down to a balance in priorities but the only problem with using RTL1090 vs the latest dump1090 is that dump1090 works much better and your specific problem with invisible planes may be related to that. Not saying that it is, but when your software is not optimized, there will ultimately be problems that have been fixed with later software versions.

BTW, can't you just window the dump1090 and size it any way you want? What operating system are you using?
                  Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-03-25, 05:09.

Comment

One other thing I would suggest (if you haven't already discovered it) is to learn how to use VRS. It's much more interesting than watching either dump1090 or RTL1090.
                    A stand-alone .NET application that displays output from an SBS-1 ADS-B receiver on a Google Maps web page.

Edit: BTW, don't worry about the account status to take time out to update your software, I'm sure FR24 will approve.
                    If anything to worry about is if you're not up to date with the latest software and could diminish functionality.
                    Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-03-25, 08:07.

Comment

Working...
                    X