New webpage design: Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
    I cleared FR24 cookies, disabled Adblock Plus and Ghostery on FR24 only, re-logged in and voila, I was upgraded to Business from Gold. this is with Firefox.
    For some users just logging out and in seems to give the same effect, but I'm all for disabling Adblock on FR24 only
    We will get back to this one after easter holiday.

Comment

• Originally posted by mimku View Post
      The new wesbite also uses ( a huge quantity* of ) HTML5 Storage, so you may want to purge that as well as cookies if you're encountering weirdness. In Firefox you can do so by opening the developer console and issuing the command

localStorage.clear();

Another enhancement suggestion: for subscribers, provide a switch to disable the large aircraft photos that load in the side-panel and slow everything down whilst they do so. For anyone with an account they're probably mostly irrelevant and unwanted.
      Edit: a quick and dirty way of disabling the images seems to be to block cdn.flightradar24.com but I haven't determined if that breaks anything else as yet.

* do we really need to have the global airport list persisted in our browser's local storage?
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]7245[/ATTACH]
      I'll discuss this with web developers next week. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Comment

• Dear Olov and all FR24 Team,

My updated bugs status

BUGS REPORT
        1. (Known) sudden logging out after a period of usage.
        2. Low refreshing rate on basic and extended Mode S parameters. On old web page the parameters were updated faster.
        3. Why some Non-IRS aircrafts show a considerable difference between GPS ALT and ADSB Barometric Reported ALT (Calibrated ALT), up to 2500 ft ? There are some other ADSB/GPS equipped aircraft like YV2793 where the difference is the normal expected between GPS alt vs CAL Alt...
        4. Why IRS equipped aircrafts display a GPS Altitude?....Doesn“t should this field display N/A?.
        5. Erratic TAS, IAS, MACH and Temp in most of aircrafts. In tropical zones where the expected outside temperature should be aprox 10°C at 10000ft, the observed temp has been -46°C. On the other hand, what type of temp is this, TAT or SAT?.
        6. Unaccurate IAS/MACH/TAS during some flight phases, i.e., during final approach in an A320 the observed IAS has been over 273kts when the GS is 160Kts, same with mach (.740) and TAS (430kts). Other times these parameters seem to get freeze.
        7. Erratic display of FIR/UIR info. Most of the time only "Position Estimated" is shown.
        8. ***FIXED*** Missing Main Manu Bar observed in some Mozilla and Chrome browsers. I tried clicking "default view" with no success. Solution: Delete all cookies and history files then reload.
        9. Delay observed on the display time of Extended parameters compared with the basic parameters. Up to 5/7 secs takes Ext Mode S to be displayed after basic parameters are already shown. Are these parameters calculated from basic parameters or is this data extracted from ADSB transmitted raw data?
        10.***FIXED*** When Left Menu Bar is unselected (Hiden) on LAYERS SETTINGS, still a little strap portion of bar remains visible on left side of the screen. The only way to get it out of view is by means of FullScreen selection. Solution: Delete all cookies and history files then reload.
        11. Why Extended Mode s parameters are disabled when aircrafts are on ground?
        12. Squawk missing on aircrafts without extended Mode S parameters.
        13. Overall system performance too slow compared with old FR24 site.
        14. ***NEW*** Some aircrafts are not showing basic flight status info when are highlighted.

REMARKS
        Moved to thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...PORTS%29/page2

B.
        Last edited by Bomberman; 2016-03-24, 16:12.

Comment

• Gold/ Business......I"m happy with either, after all they are both free as a feeder!.....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by mimku View Post

Another enhancement suggestion: for subscribers, provide a switch to disable the large aircraft photos that load in the side-panel and slow everything down whilst they do so. For anyone with an account they're probably mostly irrelevant and unwanted.
            This. All the plane data fits nicely in the left panel without having to scroll if there is no image.
            F-KDAG1

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
              This. All the plane data fits nicely in the left panel without having to scroll if there is no image.
              We still have bugfixes to deal with before adding new features, but this one should be quick and make sense. Expect it within a couple of weeks.

Comment

• No more registrations visible after update - PROBLEM FIXED :0)

Hi guys,

before the latest update I was very happy to use FR24 on my 55" Internet TV LG 55 LF6309...

IMAG2541.jpg

I was happy to use the registration and the "from-to"-labels...

But now I“m very disappointed because we have only 1 free lable left (okay, but it“s still free) and
                the worst thing is, that I can“t see the registrations any longer, while it is already chosen from the selection window. All other setting changes can be made and they are working.

Now I only see the aircrafts without any labels.... :0(

IMAG2853.jpg

Any ideas to solve the problem??

Many greetings from Hamburg
                Attached Files
                Last edited by HAMstar; 2016-03-28, 19:54. Reason: problem solved :)

Comment

• I 3rd (or 4th) the suggestion to disable the pics. No interest in them here, just the data itself so that could certainly free up some bandwidth.

Thanks also for the reply about when playback will return. I will hold off til mid next week and hopefully service will have been restored.

Comment

• Issue on my Firefox with Android: the upper area of my stats page is missing.
                    tmp_2233-Screenshot_2016-03-25-12-08-381468260152.png
                    JRF: T-EDNY19
                    South Germany

Comment

• Originally posted by jrf View Post
                      Issue on my Firefox with Android: the upper area of my stats page is missing.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]7251[/ATTACH]
                      Try deleting cookies and history and reload the page again

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomberman View Post
                        Try deleting cookies and history and reload the page again
                        Nope, did not help. I normally do not use Chrome for Android but tried: same issue with Chrome.
                        So not working for Firefox and Chrome for Android.
                        JRF: T-EDNY19
                        South Germany

Comment

• I have compared upper winds with my Globe-S installation and FR24 web page winds are 180° miscalculated. While it seems the arrow was turned around by 180° in the meantime.

Just for the sake of arguments, this is the flightdeck definition, while local met offices may have a different one:

XXX° shows direction the wind blows FROM, i.e. Easterly wind is indicated: 090°

Arrow shows direction the wind blows TO, i.e. Easterly wind : arrow tip is headed West <===

At least this is how flight deck instruments display it.

Btw, I haven't seen any wind charts by met offices that have a different logic as it is claimed here. The only difference is, there is no arrow tip, but some tail feathers. But the logic is the same since 100 years.
                          Last edited by junglejet; 2016-03-25, 16:36.

Comment

• I think it is a problem with my LG TV, because LG is using an older version of the flash player on their TVs,
                            and after the FR24 update maybe a new version is required.

I will better not pay for a premium account at the moment because of this matter.

Instead I will look to get a Google Chromecast stick first to put the actual flash version onto my TV.

So stay tuned and a happy Easter to all radar spotters

Comment

• On some WebKit-based browsers the individual aircraft labels are still piled-up at origin 0,0

The reason appears to be that the transform: translate style is not being calculated and applied to each label, so they remain at their position at the top-left of the screen and the aircraft icons are label-less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olov View Post
                                until then you seem to be happy enough with Chrome.
                                Oh, no problem at all indeed Olov.

I am very pleased to operate FR24 with Chrome. All works very good and stable now overhere.

So I am very satisfied how FR24 works at the moment.

Thank you again and have a nice Easter!

Kind Regards, Hans
                                -
                                13 NM East of EHAM
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X