Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: New webpage design: Bug reports

Passenger
    Yesterday the site was unresponsive. Today the traffic update stops after 20 seconds and a refresh is needed to start it again - only to stop again after 20 seconds.
    Is there an ETA for improvement?

Flight attendant
    I am really surprised about many of the issues being reported, the only problem I had was finding where they hid the Feed Stats page though that is now resolved.

In relation to other issues, as I have an IT background I would suggest the following;

I am not being logged out, nor am I seeing other issues such a freezing etc, running home built PC with twin processors (32bit), with 4Gb RAM, 3D compatible graphics card with 8Gb Memory, Windows 10 Pro with all updates and fortunate to have High Speed Broadband.

Some issues may be related to low internet speeds, graphics card installed, conflicts with other programmes running, browser settings, etc. It is impossible for software and web developers to be able to ensure all potential computers are going to run it without issues due to the millions of potential permutations out there and you cannot just assume the problem it not at your end. I recently had issues with another site and it was simply a setting in my browser (IE11) that had not been activated.
    If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonLee View Post

I am not being logged out, nor am I seeing other issues such a freezing etc, running home built PC with twin processors (32bit), with 4Gb RAM, 3D compatible graphics card with 8Gb Memory, Windows 10 Pro with all updates and fortunate to have High Speed Broadband.

Good point. Windows 10, 8 GB RAM, 40 MB download here, and almost no problems.
    --
    Ttony

I am really surprised about many of the issues being reported, the only problem I had was finding where they hid the Feed Stats page though that is now resolved.
    Whilst I agree with your latter comments, I'm totally satisfied my desktop spec is more than adequate, as is my Internet connection.

And I've just been logged out of my Premium account again. Never happened before this upgrade.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Anmer View Post
    Whilst I agree with your latter comments, I'm totally satisfied my desktop spec is more than adequate, as is my Internet connection.

And I've just been logged out of my Premium account again. Never happened before this upgrade.

I too thought about this theory and tested it. I normally run FR24 on a Linux box with Firefox but today I switched to another computer running Win7 Pro with Chrome and lots of memory etc. After 10 minutes the screen froze. A refresh of the screen and I needed to log in again. Like you this never happened before this upgrade.

F-CYWH1 Southern tip of Vancouver Island

Passenger
    Well things seem to be running better now at least for me. No more freezing after a couple of minutes and I can now click on an aircraft and bring up the left had info panel and route of flight. Before if l clicked on an aircraft it would just freeze up.

Captain
    It might sound counter intuitive and may irk a few people but many of the problems seem to relate to premium. Until the developers can sort out the issues and if you just want to watch flights, try not logging in at all and instead run the free edition. I've had both running on separate computers and there are fewer problems with the basic version. I'm in Australia so it may not be the case worldwide with different servers etc.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilagi View Post
    Well things seem to be running better now at least for me. No more freezing after a couple of minutes and I can now click on an aircraft and bring up the left had info panel and route of flight. Before if l clicked on an aircraft it would just freeze up.
    Don't count your chickens too fast. I was about to post a similar email an hour ago and then the symptoms returned.

BUT it is improving! Slowly!

F-CYWH1 Southern tip of Vancouver Island

IM windows 7 and i dont want 10 i am using 7 but im having the same issues as a few people are , flight tracking freezing etc, i am a premier user i used to love flightradar but im changing my mind unless they sort these issues out we are all not on windows 10 why change something that worked, I have alot of programmes that only work on win 7 as im a photographer , but we have to remember everyone is not on 10 i personally dont want 10 thanks, please fix these issues for win 7 users aswell no offence to 10 uses , great if you can use it
    Last edited by airgirl999; 2016-03-18 at 21:34.
    Lives in Manchester , loves Aviation, especially the viewing area at Manchester Airport, allthough gone up a little in price,

Passenger

In relation to other issues, as I have an IT background I would suggest the following;

Some issues may be related to low internet speeds, graphics card installed, conflicts with other programmes running, browser settings, etc. It is impossible for software and web developers to be able to ensure all potential computers are going to run it without issues due to the millions of potential permutations out there and you cannot just assume the problem it not at your end. I recently had issues with another site and it was simply a setting in my browser (IE11) that had not been activated.
    I have a setup comparable to yours, or exceeding your specs, and everything changed for worse yesterday. That is no coincidence.