No announcement yet.

New webpage design: Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overall it is a nice update but it is extremely frustrating to have everything freeze all the time, perhaps before we didn't have all the bells and whistles but at least you could track flights, now we have all these features that do not work as intended and we lost capabilities that we used to have.

Comment

• Laptop: Win7 Home Ed
      PC: Win7 Pro
      I will not be using Win10 with either pc/laptop.
      Both with 4GB Ram and 2.6 dual-core processors
      Browser: Chrome

All working perfect here with one exception.

As a feeder to FR24 since 2013 and sending data 24/7 (100% daily uptime according to my stats) I have been granted GOLD Subscription instead of Business subscription but I have raised a ticket for this, ticket #105062 in which I hope this will be rectified soon.

Other than that, I am very impressed with the work that has gone into this new interface. Keep up the good work FR24 Team :-)
      T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
      Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
      Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

• Originally posted by spotti View Post
        Hi, my name is Stefan from Austria! I have been enjoying FR24 for a very long time…
        Today I´ve done the registration for the "Silver Account", but I still can not see the "aircraft labels" (Yes, I am logged in and yes, I have deleted cookies before log in)
        Hi spotti,
        On my environment, aircraft label is displayed properly. I'm using Win7 and Chrome.
        I suppose your case is based on environment of your side.
        I agree you that your situation is one of issue on new FR24. However, if you want to see a/c label as soon as you possible. I recommend you to try using Chrome.

Comment

• Originally posted by nippa View Post
          Under Flight Details it shows the upper wind. By convention it is the direction from which the wind blows so why is the arrow pointing in that direction and not from it.
          Call me pedantic but after 42 years flying it looks so wrong
          A pretty basic error for sure. My guess is that this type of flaw is relatively easy to fix .... unlike the auto-logoff problem that many of us are still encountering.

F-CYWH1 Southern tip of Vancouver Island

Comment

• Originally posted by Responder View Post
            As a feeder to FR24 since 2013 and sending data 24/7 (100% daily uptime according to my stats) I have been granted GOLD Subscription instead of Business subscription but I have raised a ticket for this, ticket #105062 in which I hope this will be rectified soon.
            Hi Responder,
            Im also feeder, and granted Business subscription.
            I guess FR24 free subscription offer to feeder is based on Stats of your feed now.
            For example, your overall score is listed as below 50,000, however I'm above 57.000. Or your uptime is less as 3,200 however, i'm above 4,000.
            I'm not sure if it is correct solution. However, I supposed that there should be something classification to make fair between 24/7 feeder and just a hour a week one.

Comment

• UPDATE: Good progress! My Win7 Pro box (Chrome) is no longer being logged off! Thanks gang!

Unfortunately, the Linux box (Firefox) is still logged off after 30 minutes!

Rick

F-CYWH1 Southern tip of Vancouver Island

Comment

• Still getting logged off here too

Comment

• Day 4 and still being logged off at random intervals on both Firefox and Chrome.
                  Two emails to support without any acknowledgement. As a feeder its not costing
                  me but if I was paying for this I would be seriously pissed by now. Really guys its
                  simply not professional, the very least you could do is keep people in the loop.

Comment

• I think the new web interface is awesome! Birthing problems are to be expected with such a radical upgrade. Everyone's experienced the logoff problem but it seems to me that is getting better as the devs work through the expected bugs.

The best upgrade I like is the front end filter that is rejecting leaked MLAT data. It's not filtering it all yet but it's a huge improvement. I still see a couple of well known T- feeders that leak MLAT but it's not nearly as bad as it was. Great improvement!

Any estimate on when the "global playback" function will be re-enabled?

Comment

• Not sure even a closed testing environment could get anywhere near 1.2 MILLION people to login at once for any of the issues to show face that have.
                      Unless you employed a few farmloads of people like the SEO spammers hitting the forum at present. At least it would give my banning finger a break for once.

Sure seemed OK when I was in preview mode. (and production environment from home seems OK for me now too) Bar some quirks we pointed out which do not appear to be experienced here.
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Flight history has now failed altogether.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
                          I think the new web interface is awesome! Birthing problems are to be expected with such a radical upgrade. Everyone's experienced the logoff problem but it seems to me that is getting better as the devs work through the expected bugs.

The best upgrade I like is the front end filter that is rejecting leaked MLAT data. It's not filtering it all yet but it's a huge improvement. I still see a couple of well known T- feeders that leak MLAT but it's not nearly as bad as it was. Great improvement!

Any estimate on when the "global playback" function will be re-enabled?
                          Thanks Sam26K!

We are not sure when global playback will be back, as soon as we are confident about our server capacity.

Olov

Comment

• I'm not sure what's happened but last night in the arrivals and departures list all the airlines had their names changed to their two letter code and all registrations were removed. Is this a temporary bug?

Comment

• Hi,

no login since update.
                              Support has been contacted.
                              T-EDDT38

Comment

• Dear Olov and all FR24 Team,

Please accept my congratulations for bringing us this great new FR24 upgrade.
                                As everything at kicking off, some things must be fixed when are used for first time and I undestand that. Even big companies have these same problems, and the enhancement stage is a part of every implementation process, even with new aircrafts after maiden flight happen the same. Otherwise, Airworthiness Directives and service bulletins issued by manufacturers dont even exist. Human skills are not flawless, and I´m sure that the whole FR24 community understand that also. So, Keep moving forward that Im pretty sure that you and all the FR24 team are doing their best and working hard to give us the best experience in aircraft tracking and better product...

In that repect, and to colaborate with your progress, I have made a list of all bugs that I have observed last days and some remarks as well.
                                I propose and invite all people interested in helping FR24 to feel free to include, delete or just mark as "FIXED" all any other bugs that you have observed or expirienced to this list, to give FR24 a better way to address them...

BUGS REPORT
                                1. (Known) sudden logging out after 3-5 mins of usage.
                                2. Low refreshing rate on basic and extended Mode S parameters. On old web page the parameters were updated faster.
                                3. Why some Non-IRS aircrafts show a considerable difference between GPS ALT and ADSB Barometric Reported ALT (Calibrated ALT), up to 2500 ft ? There are some other ADSB/GPS equipped aircraft like YV2793 where the difference is the normal expected between GPS alt vs CAL Alt...
                                4. Why IRS equipped aircrafts display a GPS Altitude?....Doesn´t should this field display N/A?.
                                5. Erratic TAS, IAS, MACH and Temp in most of aircrafts. In tropical zones where the expected outside temperature should be aprox 10°C at 10000ft, the observed temp has been -46°C. On the other hand, what type of temp is this, TAT or SAT?.
                                6. Unaccurate IAS/MACH/TAS during some flight phases, i.e., during final approach in an A320 the observed IAS has been over 273kts when the GS is 160Kts, same with mach (.740) and TAS (430kts). Other times these parameters seem to get freeze.
                                7. Erratic display of FIR/UIR info. Most of the time only "Position Estimated" is shown.
                                8. Missing Main Manu Bar observed in some Mozilla and Chrome browsers. I tried clicking "default view" with no success.
                                9. Delay observed on the display time of Extended parameters compared with the basic parameters. Up to 5/7 secs takes Ext Mode S to be displayed after basic parameters are already shown. Are these parameters calculated from basic parameters or is this data extracted from ADSB transmitted raw data?
                                10. When Left Menu Bar is unselected (Hiden) on LAYERS SETTINGS, still a little strap portion of bar remains visible on left side of the screen. The only way to get it out of view is by means of FullScreen selection.
                                11. Why Extended Mode s parameters are disabled when aircrafts are on ground?
                                12. Squawk missing on aircrafts without extended Mode S parameters.
                                13.***NEW*** Overall system performance too slow compared with old FR24 site.

REMARKS
                                1. Any chance in the future to have an option to remove from screen the Search Field and settings/zoom buttons or maybe that only be activated when the mouse cursor moves over this area of screen? Just like the Android app does?
                                2. Any chance in the future to have additional alerts conditions like diversions, takeoffs and landing events?
                                3. On new downloable history files, is possible that KMLs have included along with Route and Trail, the Altitude vertical strokes to observe aircraft altitude in respect with ground on google earth?
                                4. Any chance in the future to have an option to unselect the "0 fts" altitude function when aircrafts are on ground. Some of us are interested to know the current aircraft altitude/field elevation reported by ADSB.
                                5.***NEW*** Any chance in the future to have multiple windows option that enable users to make several aircrafts flight following at the same time?
                                6.***NEW*** I have noticed that there are PC configurations using Chrome where the autologging out issue does not happen. I am using the 3 account limit at the time. One on my phone, and two PCs. One of the PCs has not self logged out ever since webpage upgrade so far, and also there are reports of people stating not logging out bug presence on their devices.

Thanks in advance for your support, and I hope these items help to improve you system and webpage.
                                Best regards.

B.
                                Last edited by Bomberman; 2016-03-22, 02:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X