New webpage design: Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PukPuk View Post
    When I click on a plane I received a message "There was a problem fetching your data - Please try again".

Is this a known glitch being worked on or is there something in my settings that changed. Up until around 7 days ago, flight details were coming up okay on the new platform.
    I'll contact you via email.

Comment

• Direct Linking No Longer Possible

Hi,

Direct linking to a flight is no longer possible. Before entering an URL like htt://www.flightradar24.com/AFR84 would bring up the website with the corresponding flight selected (given the flight was inside coverage area). Since the new version I only get an empty map. If I play around with the zoom all the flights are shown but there is no way to select a flight via URL.

Bug is reproducible on both Firefox and Chrome

Edit Here is the errors I get in Firefox Js Console
      Code:
      unreachable code after return statement airport_page.js:1706:4
      mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create Cesium.js:469:25072
      TypeError: data is null
      goToAircraft/<()
       js_new.js:6422
      n.Callbacks/i()
       jquery.min.js:2
      n.Callbacks/j.fireWith()
      z()
       jquery.min.js:4
      .send/c/<()
       js_new.js:6422:1

Edit 2 Copying the link with the strange hex number behind works fine (eg https://www.flightradar24.com/AFR84/9534bd8) but this is problematic as this hex number changes from day to day thus linking does not work.
      Last edited by Ratty; 2016-04-06, 11:13. Reason: Added JS Console ouptput
      F-LFST2

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratty View Post
        Hi,

Direct linking to a flight is no longer possible. Before entering an URL like htt://www.flightradar24.com/AFR84 would bring up the website with the corresponding flight selected (given the flight was inside coverage area). Since the new version I only get an empty map. If I play around with the zoom all the flights are shown but there is no way to select a flight via URL.

Code:
        mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create Cesium.js:469:25072
        goToAircraft/<()
        n.Callbacks/i()
        n.Callbacks/j.fireWith()
        z()
        .send/c/<()

Edit 2 Copying the link with the strange hex number behind works fine (eg https://www.flightradar24.com/AFR84/9534bd8) but this is problematic as this hex number changes from day to day thus linking does not work.
        Just had a play & tested what you say
        I found this link works

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
        James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
        T-EGCC125
        http://www.ukjay.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by PukPuk View Post
          When I click on a plane I received a message "There was a problem fetching your data - Please try again".

Is this a known glitch being worked on or is there something in my settings that changed. Up until around 7 days ago, flight details were coming up okay on the new platform.
          Ok, this was confirmed to be an issue with IE11 and Windows 7. We have seen that before, but can't reproduce on our test systems with the same setup. Could it be something cached from the old website in the browser?

Comment

• Originally posted by ukjay View Post
            Just had a play & tested what you say
            I found this link works

https://www.flightradar24.com/flight/af84
            Indeed this works, but this brings you the flight history not to the current flight.
            F-LFST2

Comment

Hi,

Code:
              goToAircraft/<()
              n.Callbacks/i()
              n.Callbacks/j.fireWith()
              z()
              .send/c/<()
              I can confirm the bug, we will fix it!

Comment

• Got an Alert a few minutes ago

Date: 2016-04-06 16:17 GMT+02:00
                Subject: Alert from Flightradar24.com - AFR178/AF178 F-HPJB/A388
                To:

Your alert 'Aircraft registration is F-HPJB' was just triggered by AFR178/AF178 F-HPJB/A388

View the flight on Flightradar24 -> http://www.flightradar24.com/AFR178/953596f

Click below to remove this Flightradar24 alert ->
                The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Click below to remove all your Flightradar24 alerts ->

Click below to view all your Flightradar24 alerts ->

Regards,
                T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Originally posted by equi View Post
                  Got an Alert a few minutes ago
                  Yes, this afternoon we finally found and fixed the notification/email alert bug.

Thank you all for your patience!

Comment

• I'll have to check again, but when I tried that I'm sure it highlighted a realtime flight link!
                    James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
                    T-EGCC125

Comment

• Originally posted by Olov View Post
                      I can confirm the bug, we will fix it!
                      Great ! I have all my favorite flights URLs in my browser favorites this is why this functionality is important to me !
                      F-LFST2

Comment

Great ! I have all my favorite flights URLs in my browser favorites this is why this functionality is important to me !
                        No problem.. fix is done on our closed beta, not sure yet if it will be released today or early next week. We will have to wait and see!

Comment

No problem.. fix is done on our closed beta, not sure yet if it will be released today or early next week. We will have to wait and see!
                          Looks like a small bugfix was applied today, I tested GEC8160 successful with https://www.flightradar24.com/GEC8160/957283b on Edge. However, https://www.flightradar24.com/GEC8160 doesn't work yet
                          Regards,
                          T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                          Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

We don't ignore anyone. We discussed your questions yesterday but couldn't quickly come to any conclusions. Will try to get back to it.

Olov
                            Still bugged : https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/cc-bej

E80453 shows departing out of EDHI on the evening of 4 April on the map, yet not showing in the flight history above. Registration additions are not being appended to historic hex codes. The old site worked fine for this so what has been changed ?

Comment

• When I click on an aircraft on the map, I can see route, aircraft type but cannot see altitude unless I scroll down the left hand window.
                              Please can we have essentials in view at top of this window,the flight & schedule timings are non essentials imho and could move further down the list ,this would help us spotters out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by radiostationx View Post
                                When I click on an aircraft on the map, I can see route, aircraft type but cannot see altitude unless I scroll down the left hand window.
                                Please can we have essentials in view at top of this window,the flight & schedule timings are non essentials imho and could move further down the list ,this would help us spotters out there.
                                Can't you just close some of the details (click on >) or do a browser Ctrl-minus?
                                Would be nice to have a personal sort though....
                                James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
                                T-EGCC125

Comment

Working...
                                X