Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MLAT T- feeder leaks.

First officer

MLAT T- feeder leaks.

What do you think about the feeders who are leaking MLAT data in your area?

New thread and should not be censored. I am not the only feeder who is concerned with this issue. We are only interested in quality of the feeds.

We are implementing a server side solution to stop that data from polluting FR24 MLAT and it should be online as soon as tomorrow. Filtering on client side is already implemented in the latest software, but it's very difficult to make people upgrade and an there are thousands running very old (more than 3 year old) software right now.

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by piopawlu View Post
    We are implementing a server side solution to stop that data from polluting FR24 MLAT and it should be online as soon as tomorrow. Filtering on client side is already implemented in the latest software, but it's very difficult to make people upgrade and an there are thousands running very old (more than 3 year old) software right now.
    Are you unable to communicate directly with the problematic feeder hosts? I have collected and documented a long list of feeders in Europe that leak data from other networks. It is simply a matter of following a known non-ADS-B aircraft and see how it alternates between MLAT and named feeders as it moves around Europe. You have all our email addresses, right?

Team FR24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpin View Post
    Are you unable to communicate directly with the problematic feeder hosts? I have collected and documented a long list of feeders in Europe that leak data from other networks. It is simply a matter of following a known non-ADS-B aircraft and see how it alternates between MLAT and named feeders as it moves around Europe. You have all our email addresses, right?
    Yes, we do have their email addresses. Please send your list to support@fr24.com and we will email them.
    --

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan View Post
    Yes, we do have their email addresses. Please send your list to support@fr24.com and we will email them.
    done! done!

Team FR24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpin View Post
    done! done!
    Thanks Kpin
    --

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by piopawlu View Post
    it's very difficult to make people upgrade and an there are thousands running very old (more than 3 year old) software right now.
    Is there a way that people would be aware the software has been updated unless they visit the download page? I haven't seen a way of getting a notification when there's a new version unless I missed it?

Worst case maybe you could set the older clients to put a message in their logs saying they need upgrading and then suspend those people's accounts. When they check why they aren't uploading data they would see the message and hopefully get the newer version!

First officer
    2nd the vote for banning feeders that are not up to date with the latest released fr24feed rev!

First officer
    My personal opinion on the worst T-MLAT leaking feeders in my area is that it is intentional and may be a way of "dithering" the feed and blocks the more accurate info if FR24 mlat is allowed to work.

Super Moderator
    Except its already been shown the calculations from FA are more accurate
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2016-03-15 at 04:55.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers